Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Fahrenheit 9/11 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40197)

Xen 09-11-2004 02:34 PM

So I went do the cinema today to see what this movie is about. I must say that I have learned quite a few things that I didn't know. I also had quite a few laughs. But the scenes where the Iraqi children are showed wounded are just horrible. I liked the way Moore made this documentary.

[ 09-11-2004, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]

john 09-11-2004 02:40 PM

Soon the out pour of all who hate Mr.Moore will be responding..I love his movies and his books as well Xen !!...Dump the village idiot in November!!

Jorath Calar 09-11-2004 08:32 PM

John I hope and wish more americans will share your thinking in November... I think the whole world does... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sir Goulum 09-11-2004 09:31 PM

I was going to see this a while ago... perhaps I'll just rent it instead. Moore's movies and books are good. I don't know how people think they're bad. Then again, there are people who dislike LoTR.... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

SecretMaster 09-12-2004 02:59 AM

It brought a few good points. For the most part, it was a bush basher, as expected. And he overdid himself a tad.

But yes, we all want the monkey out of office (hopefully he will be)

Hivetyrant 09-12-2004 09:35 AM

I have seen and read almost all of Michael's other stuff except this movie, is it really worth seeing it?
Im not a big fan of Bush Bashing, I think everyone always points out the bad parts and never looks at the good parts, but that just me and I dont live in America, so dont listen to me [img]smile.gif[/img]

john 09-12-2004 02:19 PM

What good parts???

Oblivion437 09-13-2004 12:13 AM

Is anyone forgetting how to plan ahead?

Jesus H. Q. Christ of South Hamptons!

The best way to knock the Republican party out of the box is to just let Bush win! Kerry is already doing a fine enough job of losing this election for himself. He's worse than Musky and McGovern combined, without any sabatoge!

Link 09-13-2004 04:27 AM

You might want to read the criticism to Moore's movies as well as watch his movies. There's two sides to every story. Moore depicts Bush as a complete moron and twists the facts more than often to make it seem as if he's the only right one in the entire story.

The opening of the movie was very good; no images, just the sound of the attacks on 9/11. I HATED the scene where he accuses Bush of sitting there and reading "My Pet Goat" with the children. What should he have done? The security man probably told him he should stay in his seat and pretend nothing had happened. It sure as hell is the wisest thing to do in a situation like that.
In Bowling for Columbine, Moore did the same thing by harassing Charlton Heston in a manner that wasn't efficient or even logical anymore.

Morgeruat 09-13-2004 08:37 AM

*nods* check out the discussion topics on this in the CE forums, most of the discussion took place when the movie was released stateside. do a search and it should come up fairly quickly.