Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Toad Potion Quest (First Cleric Quest) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60088)

WARL0CK 11-24-2000 10:51 PM

HELP.... I was given a blue potion to give to the toad guy next to nymph lake. When I talk to him he just yells at me to go to the toad city. I go there and I can't get the trap door open to go to toadem. I have used all of the "Talk" words in the list.

Q. What do I do with the potion...
Q. If not directly related to the potion.. How do I get the trap door open...

Wyvern 11-24-2000 10:57 PM

click on the use/give icon on the left portion of your screen.

choose GIVE
Scroll through your inventory until the item you will be giving is the potion in question
spend 15 minutes chasing after that Toad and clicking on him like mad in an effort to finally GIVE him the potion.
Eventually you will be able to do so!! WHEW!!

Wyv
psssss: I think after that you will be able to do the Toad VILLAGE thing.

Sourceror 11-25-2000 06:31 AM

Hmm, IIRC I completed the toadem quest when I was still lugging around that toad potion - somehow had forgotten about that quest. Anyway, if memory serves me right there's a lever on the left wall in Shinwiki's hut that did open the trap door for me. Funny enough: when I later managed to give the blue potion to that freaking toad and returned to the town the priest keeps telling me that I still need to deliver that bottle. Oh well.

WARL0CK 11-25-2000 02:49 PM

When I click on the USE/GIVE I am able to select the potion only when I am on USE, as soon as I click on GIVE it changes the icon to my gold pouch and will not let me select the stupid potion. I have tried this with all of my characters. Since I am not that far in the game, is restarting my only option????

Wyvern 11-25-2000 03:03 PM

Warlock -
NOPE - you have to scroll through your inventory. Look at the top and bottom of the USE/GIVE screen and you will see arrows that will allow you to change which item it is you are trying to give or use.

Hope that helps!
Wyv

WARL0CK 11-25-2000 03:08 PM

Unfortunatly I have tried that. The little up and down arrows will let me scroll through everything BUT the damn potion when I am on the GIVE. It only shows up when I am on the USE part.

Unfortunatly I have tried that. The little up and down arrows will let me scroll through everything BUT the damn potion when I am on the GIVE. It only shows up when I am on the USE part.

WARL0CK 11-25-2000 03:09 PM