Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Single class party (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7251)

DragonSlayer25 04-20-2002 12:42 PM

I just got thru a multiplayer game with a party of all sorcerers and, wow, was it amazing!!! I was just wondering if anybody else did this,and, if so, what class and some of you best experience.

Sir Exxon 04-20-2002 01:03 PM

<font color="gold">Well, I havent tried a party with just spellcasters before, but I have tried one with a Monk and five mages/sorcerers/priests. I found it rather troubeling to get through, though it was fun at some points. [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>

Sir Mandorallen 04-20-2002 01:04 PM

I was thinking about doing something like this, but with paladins and paladin sub-classes. I was about to start it when I realized several points...

1.)That there would be no party interation.

2.)(kinda like #1)No Romances

3.)That we would all fight over carsomyr, proboly killing each other for it! :D [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] :D

I finnaly decided to just have a few paladins then the rest could be some of the NPCs... but I never found out what would have happened as my computer crashed and had to have it's memory wiped. :( I havent got around to trying it yet, even though my PC is back. :(

uss 04-20-2002 01:08 PM

thank you very much, dragonslayer25! i think thats a really good idea and i think ill do that next time i play the game :D

swavek 04-20-2002 01:16 PM

I would suggest that maybe you include at least one cleric in the party. otherwise, you'll have a very hard time when you fight mind flayers.
one party makeup that i thought about was a whole group of druid avengers.

Helspanth 04-20-2002 01:39 PM

How about a party of 6 half orcs bersekers each with grand mastery in a different weapon. :D
Talking about Brutality!!!!!!!!

The Jabberwocky 04-20-2002 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Helspanth:
How about a party of 6 half orcs bersekers each with grand mastery in a different weapon. :D
Talking about Brutality!!!!!!!!

Wow, that sounds like an excellent idea... You could probably finish the game in a flash. (And no, I am not wandering around the forum agreeing with everything Helspanth says. ;) I just noticed that. Oops.)

Dundee Slaytern 04-22-2002 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by swavek:
I would suggest that maybe you include at least one cleric in the party. otherwise, you'll have a very hard time when you fight mind flayers. ~~
Hard time like real! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

If he chooses Project Image for all six... then that means an unbelievable and outright cheesy swarm of Skeleton Warriors and Mordenkenian's Swords.

Poor sods will not even be able to do anything as the blade mob hack and slash on them. That said, six Sorcerers is OVERKILL. ;)

Bahamut 04-22-2002 03:11 AM

I was about to say that... overkill.. probably those guys would be babling on which killed who [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ar-Cunin 04-22-2002 03:19 AM

I have tried a party with all mages - using those that are availible

Me - kensai-mage
Aerie
Nalia
Jan Jansen
Edwin
Imoen

It worked quite well