Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Ok 'fess up time! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91630)

Cloudbringer 09-13-2004 10:19 PM

I was talking with LadyZekke the other day and she mentioned the dust in her pc and doing something about it ....so I got to wondering how often does everyone here clean their pc out? I mean use the canned air or what have you and open the thing up.

I never did til my husband moved in, he's a nutcase about keeping the dust out...makes me do it more than once a ..well, actually before him I never did...ahem... LOL

Now every time he puts a part in he cleans it out, so we basically crack mine open for upgrades or whenever hubby can get to it when I'm not looking. :D But he does his about once a month. I'd have never done it for fear of breaking something!

Stormymystic 09-13-2004 10:24 PM

Well, I have a can of air...I think...someplace......and I opened the case up once, but the dustballs and cat hair scared me away.....this is me so well :D

Dron_Cah 09-13-2004 10:32 PM

Cleaning? What this word?? Me and stormy the only voters, so far, i see. Wow, seems are average is somewhere between "never tried," and "tried, but didnt do it." Aren't we the responsible ones! :D

Sir Goulum 09-13-2004 10:35 PM

You can clean them?

Dave_the_quack 09-13-2004 10:36 PM

A big fat never. Im too retarded to do anything technical like add parts to my machine, so basically, when I buy my pc, it stays like that till i get a new one.

Dron beat me to it... I was about to say:
"Clean, what is this word clean you speak of?" [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Ilander 09-13-2004 10:43 PM

I'm on a laptop now, and don't know how to open it up just yet...Mom would never let me do it to hers, and I could never remember to buy one for my PC at dad's house.

Cloudbringer 09-13-2004 10:51 PM

ROTFL! You guys with the 'clean them?' answers best not let my husband see your posts... he'd have a few new nervous ticks... LOL! I think he actually does open his up about once a month and you should have seen the look on his face when I said "no, I never opened it or cleaned it out", [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] His eyes got wide and his mouth made made little soundless "never"? movements... :D

shadowhound 09-13-2004 11:30 PM

Well Cloudy you can always send him down my way to clean my computer if he has such an obsession :D

[ 09-13-2004, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: shadowhound ]

Cloudbringer 09-13-2004 11:33 PM

:D OOOh..Australia! Yah, sure, you send the tickets and I'll come with him to uh...hold the can of air... [img]smile.gif[/img]

LordKathen 09-13-2004 11:46 PM

<font color=lime>My first computer, never. Probly would have helped that old dinosour too! ;) O-well, it was a hand-me-down x-mass gift from mom, so no complaining here. :D

My new one, well a couple years old now (wow, time flys!), a few times a year. I should do it much more, seens how we live in the desert! :D
Cool topic Cloudster! [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] </font>