Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Will you agree to this? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101861)

Kakero 01-25-2011 12:40 PM

Will you agree to this?

Few hours ago some business guy talked to me. He invite me to join a program (perfectly legal under the law) worth $5000 membership and I'll be given 100 books in which I can sell for $500 each (all the money gain from selling the books are yours to keep). And at the same time, I'll be given regular coaching, help and training. The guy said everyone who joined the program have all managed to sell their books and gain profits.

So I hatch this scheme, I propose to that guy. He'll pay for my $5000 membership and then help me sell that 100 books. The proceeds from the books will split 80% for him and 20% for me.

Now my question is, if you were that guy, will you agree to this deal?

Gabrielles blades 01-25-2011 12:51 PM

Re: Will you agree to this?

who pays that much for a 1 book? sheesh
and yes i would because i expect the whole membership thing is a marketing ploy to make you think your getting a good deal, when in reality your just selling books at a 20% commission.
I would say, only do it if you already know 100 people to buy the books; otherwise you will probably end up with 100 books that you have to pay for.

Kakero 01-25-2011 01:28 PM

No 20% commision or anything like that, in fact all money gain from selling the books is yours to keep. Very good program right? I mean for $5000 investment you'll get a $45000 net profit. Who wouldn't want such a thing? The creator of the program must be a saint!

You know what that guy said after he listen to my proposal?
"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING? WHY WOULD I PAY FOR YOUR MEMBERSHIP AND THEN HELP YOU SELL THE BOOKS? THIS IS CRAZY!!" (caps intended)
After that he looked at me as if I'm really crazy and a lunatic. And he stood far away from me as possible.

Well, if he stop and think for a while.
$50000x80%=$40000
$40000-$5000=$35000
Unless I fail in maths, I guess that guy don't want to earn $35000 net profit.

Or am I missing something here?

ElfBane 01-25-2011 01:53 PM

This just seems fishy to me. Why don't THEY sell the books and eliminate the middleman? This just doesn't add up and sounds to good to be true. What's the name of the company? If you don't want to say, then Google it yourself.

Kezardin 01-25-2011 03:33 PM

Sounds like one of those too-good-to-be-true schemes.

If it's so great, why isn't *he* selling books, instead of cutting you in, (for a mere $5k), for a share of a somewhat limited market ?

Would you pay $500 for a book ? I certainly wouldn't. :nope2:

And if you can't sell these magical tomes (assuming you actually *get* them in the first place) it's bye-bye $5k.

By the way, how do you know this scheme is "perfectly legal under the law" and that "everyone who joined the program have all managed to sell their books and gain profits" ?

Because this guy *told* you ? :1ponder:

Bungleau 01-25-2011 06:49 PM

Smells scammy to me... if it were that easy, everyone would be doing it.

And when was the last time you bought a $500 book?

Kakero 01-25-2011 07:18 PM

Since I'm going to be famous for a while, due to my "insane and stupid" business proposal. I'm not going to post link to that program nor mention who is the creator of it.

Just incase someone associate with that program happen to bump into this forum through search engine and saw this post. :P

Or should I use pm (private message) instead? Outside people can't search what's in pm right?

Felix The Assassin 01-25-2011 09:02 PM

Kakero, you always make me laugh.

SpiritWarrior 01-26-2011 12:27 PM

Sounds like de scam. Reminds me of that SMC infomercial that played endlessly on nighttime tv.

Olorin 01-26-2011 02:56 PM

So he wants you to pay $50 per book and PROMISES that you'll be able to sell them for $500 each. People don't even buy encyclopedia sets for $500 anymore, why would this book be worth that much?

This guy was probably sold the books he has for $10 each and told to go sell them for $50. He's trying to find suckers to buy 100 at a time from him (5K membership fee). This reeks of an MLM scam--just his reaction shows that he really doesn't think you'll be able to sell the books for $500. The money in MLM scams doesn't come from actual sales of the 'product', it comes from signing up suckers to become salesman under you for a large fee. You cannot get rich selling these books, but this guy CAN get rich signing up suckers at $5000 a pop.