Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Help Needed for Win XP (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88969)

Larry_OHF 01-06-2004 10:09 PM

<font color=skyblue>For the first time in months, I logged into my wife's login on Windows XP and noticed that the e-mail pulls up too slow. It lags heavily. I have not got a problem with my e-mail from my login side...and she does not have any problem with any other application. Just the e-mail. Can somebody maybe tell me why her e-mail is lagging so heavily? She said it has been doing so in the past couple of months. </font>

Luvian 01-06-2004 10:14 PM

What provider and email program is she using? Hotmail and Outlook?

Vaskez 01-06-2004 10:17 PM

What do you mean by "pulls up too slow" and "lagging heavily"? The email client loads slowly? The emails are downloaded slowly? Or if you're using a web-based client, her inbox takes ages to load? or what?

Larry_OHF 01-06-2004 11:39 PM

<font color=skyblue>Outlook. Her's is on the same machine mine is, but in a different login division. When I click the icon to activate the opening of Outlook...a looong time passes, then the download takes longer than I experience on mine, and when it is finally in...if you click the unread letter to open it, the window it supposed to open to be read in lags a few seconds before viewing the material.

I have checked her stuff, and she does not have any reason that I can see to be slow. Mine works fine. </font>

Timber Loftis 01-07-2004 02:14 AM

Have your tried Spybot and Adaware?

Larry_OHF 01-07-2004 02:46 AM

<font color=skyblue>Fixed it. When I first bought XP...I made sure that I had everything tweaked right. After I had my crash and reinstalled...I never went back to my wife's profile to rebuild her e-mail account because I figured she knew how to do it by now.

Cyril helped me find a link to a website that mentioned that on XP, Instant Messenger was integrated into Outlook, and that could hurt performance. I had figured that my wife would have turned that off...but she had not. When I unchecked the box for that option, the performance issue was solved.

Yeah!

PS to anyone that has Outlook XP: Go turn that integration off in the advanced options. </font>

Earthdog 01-07-2004 06:49 AM

Sweet [img]smile.gif[/img]

Personally, I dont care for outlook or Windows Messenger. They are the first 2 things un uninstall/delete after I install XP.

HOOAH @ problem solved [img]smile.gif[/img]

skywalker 01-07-2004 07:11 AM

I always turn off messenger in Outlook on XP systems.

Good job Larry!

Mark

Larry_OHF 01-07-2004 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by skywalker:
I always turn off messenger in Outlook on XP systems.

Good job Larry!

Mark

<font color=skyblue>Thanks. I do as well on mine...but I had the faith that my wife knew how to do so on her own. I was wrong. Tis ok...she has learned it now.</font>

Vaskez 01-07-2004 03:56 PM

MSN messenger *shudder* Use trillian instead.