Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   What's a good dog to have as a pet? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89855)

Ehrys 04-17-2004 11:45 PM

My wife wants a dog... I wouldn't mind having a dog, but we both can't decide on a dog that would be good for both of us. Plus, we aren't that "dog-literate". I just know I don't want something that could be mistaken for a shaggy football.

Anyone got any thoughts/ ideas?

SomeGuy 04-17-2004 11:56 PM

Well depends, are you looking for an inside or outside dog? Good inside dogs are beagles and weenie dogs. Good outside dogs are Labs and german shepards. Watch dogs, pit bulls, labs, and german shepards are great.

Ehrys 04-18-2004 12:15 AM

Umm.. is there such a thing as both an inside and an outside dog?

Firestormalpha 04-18-2004 12:28 AM

What size property (land and or building) do you live in/on?

Spirits forever 04-18-2004 12:49 AM

hmmm.it doesn't really mateter. you should get an English sheperd dogs...(the fluffy ones) they are the best... well not if it is really warm where you are then i would recommend, hmm....an australian Cattle dog.. (we know aussie dogs are the best there are ...well besides the english one :D )

well have fun these are my recomendations [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Nanobyte 04-18-2004 01:16 AM

Howabout a Jack Russell? :D

Harkoliar 04-18-2004 03:48 AM

it depends on where you live as well.. in a house? apartment? neiberhood that dont like dogs barking .. so many factors.

RoSs_bg2_rox 04-18-2004 08:07 AM

Well I have a lab and a springer spaniel. The spaniel has a lot of energy and is taken round the field etc. several times a day. If you dont want to have to do so much walking (although you still have to do some) then id recommend a lab. They are good natured and fun, and also they can sit inside for a while without getting really bored and being annoying. Thats my tip

Larry_OHF 04-18-2004 09:05 AM

<font color=skyblue>I read in a dog magazine that dobermans are the best if there are children in the house, because they are really loving to the kids. Dobermans get a bad rep. from trainers that train them for killing and stuff, but the article said that dobermans are very loving and friendly. If I had a dog, and wanted my kids protected...that is what I would get. They are also extremely smart.</font>

Kakero 04-18-2004 09:17 AM

For a guard dog, Rotwiler can be excellent in keeping everyone out of your compound ( I mean literally :D ). So if you want peace and quiet without being bothered by people. get one.

However, rumuors has it that if you feed Rotwiler with human blood. Their eyes will turn red and they will become one hell of a guard dog.