Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Anywhere I could upload files to? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88105)

The Hierophant 10-13-2003 08:33 AM

Heya.
I've just finished recording an EP with this band that I'm in and am wanting to put a few MP3's up on the internet for download. Problem is, I know next to nothing about homepages, html, all that stuff (we're getting a guy to make us a website, but that'll take a little time) [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm just wondering if anyone here knows of a site that I could upload a few of our MP3s to, just temporarily, until we get our homepage up and running. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, if anyone wants I could send out our MP3s via ICQ or mIRC as well, if you can be bothered with all of that... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers.

philip 10-13-2003 10:45 AM

I have a site at the dutch version of Tripod Lycos. It has 50 mb space but when I go to the .com Tripod/Lycos it's a lot different with max bandwith of 1 GB/month and only 20 MB space, maybe there's a tripod/lycos host in your own country which is different from the .com version.

What kind of music do you make?

The Hierophant 10-13-2003 09:17 PM

Mostly distortion-guitar rock stuff. A bit of metal, a bit of funk, a bit of ska. Sort've a hodge podge really [img]smile.gif[/img]

SpiritWarrior 10-13-2003 09:21 PM

Try a yahoo homepage. All you need is a yahoo account and I know people who store oodles of files there.

Intrepid 10-13-2003 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Try a yahoo homepage. All you need is a yahoo account and I know people who store oodles of files there.
Can you "hot link" to files there as in upload a picture and view it directly not have to have the file on a seperate page itself?

Stormymystic 10-14-2003 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Intrepid:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:

Can you "hot link" to files there as in upload a picture and view it directly not have to have the file on a seperate page itself? </font>[/QUOTE]I am pretty sure what you mean, nd I think you can, I use geocities, which is what yahoo uses, and there is easy to use instructions on it

SpiritWarrior 10-14-2003 03:26 AM

Yeah you can, I use it alot for posting pictures or even screenshots on forums like this.

Melusine 10-14-2003 04:32 AM

Aaron, I read your PM! If you can manage to find uploading space that would be great since I don't really use ICQ anymore but if it doesn't work out, I'll reinstall ICQ some time soon, would love to hear your stuff.
For the rest I'll reply ASAP, have a verrrrry busy week - job application today for one: yikes! Wish me luck! [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]

[ 10-14-2003, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]

The Hierophant 10-14-2003 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Melusine:
Aaron, I read your PM! If you can manage to find uploading space that would be great since I don't really use ICQ anymore but if it doesn't work out, I'll reinstall ICQ some time soon, would love to hear your stuff.
For the rest I'll reply ASAP, have a verrrrry busy week - job application today for one: yikes! Wish me luck! [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]

Right on man! Good luck! Fully back on track then huh? Full steam ahead [img]smile.gif[/img] Where abouts are you applying?

Irongrinder 10-14-2003 07:08 AM

Geocities is crap for hosting pictures to post on other sites as it doesn't allow this, but for a homepage it's great. Easy to use uploader and all you need to do to have all the mp3's on one page is an easy standaard html site which perhaps someone here could easily make for you to copy/paste it in right away.