Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Source Code for Dungeon Craft? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42034)

Mr_Tikio 11-03-2001 07:05 PM

Ok what is this Source Code for Dungeon Craft?
I Downloaed from This site.
http://uaf.sourceforge.net/download.html

And what do thay mean when thay say?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> "You must install the runtime components before the executables you build will run successfully."<hr></blockquote>

The game I know what it is and hope you all keep up the good work! Thank you.
Tikio

CocoaSpud 11-08-2001 01:09 PM

There are many art and sound files installed with DC. I wanted to keep the source code install as small as possible, so I did not include all those resource files.

If you install the source code, compile the executables, and run DC, it will complain about missing files if you don't already have those art/sound files. That's why I included the warning message.

The regular installation for DC includes all of the art/sound files needed by the executables. So if you install DC apps first, then install the source code, everything will work fine.

[ 11-11-2001: Message edited by: Ziroc ]</p>

Mr_Tikio 11-08-2001 09:15 PM

ok well the game works good

"install the source code?" well Microsoft C++ 6.0

"compile the executables" There is more than one?

Ok I think that I am trying to compile the executables.but I get a long list 874 or so of this over and over
Compiling...
cdxfile.cpp
E:\src\cdx\cdxscreen.h(67) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'hMonitor'
E:\src\cdx\cdxscreen.h(67) : error C2501: 'HMONITOR' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
E:\src\cdx\cdxscreen.h(67) : error C2501: 'hMonitor' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
E:\src\cdx\cdxscreen.h(74) : error C2065: 'LPDDSURFACEDESC2' : undeclared identifier
E:\src\cdx\cdxscreen.h(74) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier 'lpDDSurfaceDesc'
E:\src\cdx\cdxscreen.h(74) : warning C4229: anachronism used : modifiers on data are ignored
E:\src\cdx\cdxscreen.h(74) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
E:\src\cdx\cdxscreen.h(78) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'HMONITOR'
E:\src\cdx\cdxscreen.h(140) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'GetDD'
E:\src\cdx\cdxscreen.h(140) : error C2501: 'LPDIRECTDRAW7' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
E:\src\cdx\cdxscreen.h(140) : warning C4183: 'GetDD': member function definition looks like a ctor, but name does not match enclosing class
E:\src\cdx\cdxscreen.h(154) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'LPDIRECTDRAWSURFACE7'
E:\src\cdx\cdxscreen.h(158) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'm_lpDD'
E:\src\cdx\cdxscreen.h(158) : error C2501: 'LPDIRECTDRAW7' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
E:\src\cdx\cdxscreen.h(158) : error C2501: 'm_lpDD' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
E:\src\cdx\cdxscreen.h(159) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'm_ZBuffer'
E:\src\cdx\cdxscreen.h(159) : error C2501: 'LPDIRECTDRAWSURFACE7' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
E:\src\cdx\cdxscreen.h(159) : error C2501: 'm_ZBuffer' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
E:\src\cdx\cdxsurface.h(249) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'LPDDSURFACEDESC2'
E:\src\cdx\cdxsurface.h(250) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'GetDDS'
E:\src\cdx\cdxsurface.h(250) : error C2501: 'LPDIRECTDRAWSURFACE7' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
E:\src\cdx\cdxsurface.h(250) : warning C4183: 'GetDDS': member function definition looks like a ctor, but name does not match enclosing class
E:\src\cdx\cdxsurface.h(259) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'LPDIRECTDRAWSURFACE7'
E:\src\cdx\cdxsurface.h(266) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'm_DDSD'
E:\src\cdx\cdxsurface.h(266) : error C2501: 'DDSURFACEDESC2' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
E:\src\cdx\cdxsurface.h(266) : error C2501: 'm_DDSD' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
E:\src\cdx\cdxsurface.h(267) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'm_lpDDS'
E:\src\cdx\cdxsurface.h(267) : error C2501: 'LPDIRECTDRAWSURFACE7' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
E:\src\cdx\cdxsurface.h(267) : error C2501: 'm_lpDDS' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
E:\src\cdx\cdx.h(158) : error C2065: 'LPDIRECTDRAW7' : undeclared identifier
E:\src\cdx\cdx.h(158) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier 'pdd'
E:\src\cdx\cdx.h(158) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
E:\src\cdx\cdx.h(159) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'DDLoadBitmap'
E:\src\cdx\cdx.h(159) : fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found
cdximage.cpp

so is this me not haveing any idel of what to do or is it some thang eals like this DirectX 6.1 Development kit that i dont know if its

well maby you know what i am asking be cous i dont think I am to shour

"and run DC, it will complain about missing files" Ok no bige got that one

CocoaSpud 11-09-2001 09:11 AM

This one is sort of my fault for not updating the instructions for compiling the code. I recently switched DC to use DirectX 7 instead of DirectX 3. The standard Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 6 header files for DirectX (ddraw.h, etc) include DirectX 3 but not DirectX 7.

So the problem is that DC files are looking for DirectX 7 interfaces which are not defined in the header files provided by your compiler.

The solution is to download the Microsoft DirectX SDK header files.

If you already have DirectX 7 or 8 installed on your computer, then you only need to download the DX8 header files from here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/...mpositedoc.xml

click on the link which says "DirectX 8.0 C++ SDK (45 MB)".

If you don't have DirectX 7 or 8 runtime installed on your computer you will need to download the whole package from here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/...mpositedoc.xml

After installing that (if you didn't already have it), go to your compiler menu Tools->Options->Directories and make sure the DirectX SDK header and library paths are listed before the other paths.

That should solve the problem, but if not let me know.

Mr_Tikio 11-10-2001 05:38 PM

Well that was big help and really big download
guss that (45 MB)should have tiped me off
well I had hoped that I might find this file on my pc some where but no such luck.

nafxcw.lib
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "nafxcw.lib"
And I can see why becous i cant find it eather

it is about same i guss found some thang in help that told me to git it in the setup of UAF or something

One mour thang as you may have gast by now my Programming EX____
Hello world is about it but I learn fast
so just try to help Any!way you can and thanks Tikio

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: Mr_Tikio ]</p>

Mr_Tikio 11-10-2001 07:23 PM

Not mad ment to sind him
there hope that works this time

CocoaSpud 11-12-2001 04:40 PM

Are you using Microsoft Visual Studio to compile with? The nafxcw.lib file is a file that comes with that tool. It is located in the {MSVC}\VC98\MFC\Lib folder, where {MSVC} is your installation path for Visual Studio. The compiler should find it automatically.

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: CocoaSpud ]</p>

Mr_Tikio 11-12-2001 11:56 PM

Yes so it would seem
But that path
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\MFC\Lib
coad game all on C: drive now
but all the fills in that dr.are
Eafxis.lib .... 1
" ..........2 throu 21
"
Mscreate.dir ....22
so you think some are missing
or i did see what do you call that like a patch tolls up date or somethang a really big file maby i nead to down load that for next 3or4 days big !!!
or try to re install
well it just hit me no i guss i am not yousing right compiller this thang came from yard sell it is some sort of introductory edition??
so have you heard of or

Well speaking of downloads I see you ben bizy I go get that now
Must go befor Tnaddeus Mass sees this spelling

ok Thanks have fun Tikio

Thaddeus Mass 11-13-2001 07:35 PM

Thanks for the 'out-loud' laugh, but, I don't correct people for their bad spelling. Yes, I used to be perfect but I cut it out because it leads to curly hair--or was that supposed to be heart attacks? Oh well, anyway, why worry about spelling when Americans say 'honor', Canadians say 'honour', and the British say 'boot' for the trunk of a car...

Ssam Sueddaht

CocoaSpud 11-18-2001 10:18 AM

I've been searching for an answer to this problem and I think I have it. Dungeon Craft doesn't use the MFC DLL's at runtime, it links all of that MFC code into the DC executables so there won't be any DLL dependency problems on the user's computer. I found this note on the Microsoft web page for the Learning Edition of Visual Studio:

"This means that, if you write programs that use the MFC library, the resulting executable will require that the MFC library code be available as a shared library (DLL). In other words, calls to the MFC library that you place in your code are resolved at runtime and not at link time. The MFC shared DLLs have names of the form MFC*.DLL."

So it looks like the Learning Edition does not come with all of the files that Dungeon Craft needs to link with.

Is there a work around? Probably yes. There are two ways to build DC. A release build and a debug build. The release build is the one used in the installer and it avoids using DLLs as mentioned above, but the debug build does use DLL's. You should be able to go to each of the three projects in Visual Studio, CDX, UAFWin, and UAFWinEd, and use the 'Set Active Configuration...' option to select Debug for CDX and select either 'Win32 Debug RT' or 'Win32 Debug PS' for UAFWin and UAFWinEd. Then rebuild all projects, CDX first.

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: CocoaSpud ]</p>