Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   bad news :( (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32615)

eternal mat 02-22-2004 01:19 AM

hey, havn't been here for a while because our computer crashed and my w&w saved games lost but not 'my documents' files :D .. but its only a game.
But i dont know if i'll still keep on playing, but i'll stick around to see wat goes on :D

[ 02-22-2004, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: eternal mat ]

Bungleau 02-22-2004 09:44 AM

Bummer! Sorry to hear about that, but if there's a bright side to it, you probably know how to play the game better now....

At least your documents were saved. That's a plus [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Give it a go again when you can. We'll be cheering for you!

bsftcs 02-22-2004 11:38 AM

Sorry to hear that. :(

I definitely think you should go for it again. As Bungleau stated you will be better able to build and structure you party now that you know how it works. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Felix The Assassin 02-22-2004 12:18 PM

Thats not cool. I've noticed a lot of issues of late. In fact my own "steiner" is showing issues of intergalactic influence.

But hey, I always see it as a challenge, what caused it, and how to overcome it.

But as mentioned, you have a better grip on your new party.

Wyvern 02-22-2004 04:08 PM

Sorry to hear about the computer problems, eternal mat! Hate when that happens!

Do consider starting over again. I normally start a game, play for a while until I feel I have an understanding of what is going on and then really start the game. Those trial runs have always proved useful! :D

Wyv

Bungleau 02-22-2004 05:42 PM

Hmmm... just occurred to me that I may be joining you shortly. One of the hard drives on this machine is starting to whine noisily on startup every so often. Not all the time, but enough... I suspect I have a hard drive getting ready to fail. Now, where did I put those backup procedures.... :confused:

eternal mat 02-23-2004 01:06 AM

...well nothing great is really happening at the moment [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I reckon i'll keep playing, but my parents are still fixing the computer up. so it'll be a little while to go :D

WillowIX 02-23-2004 06:27 AM

Better the save games than your documents I guess. ;) Sorry to hear about yor problems.

Bungleau, are you sure it's the harddrive. One of my fans, I suspect the one on my graphics card whine every time I start my computer.

Bungleau 02-23-2004 09:06 AM

Hmmm... no, Willow, I'm not sure it's the hard drive. I just put that new vid card in; maybe I'll take another peek at it to make sure there are no wires in the way.

Come to think of it, this pretty much started around the time the new vid card went in. Thanks for the suggestion; I'll check that out more tonight.

Felix The Assassin 02-25-2004 10:49 PM

B, if you put that new 52 series in, THAT is your noise. Take a closer look at it, it has that humongus dual channel plastic spaceship looking thing on it, right? Takes up 2 slots, and the fan is enclosed inside the tunnel. I don't have the specs commited to memory, but it takes more than 30 nano-seconds for that particular card to energize and the fans to "come on-line".

I know your experience is way to high to have inadvertantly left a cd in the optical drive, so that goes without a mention.

[ 02-25-2004, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: Felix The Assassin ]