Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   having trouble making spider juice (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32401)

sagtattman 09-07-2003 08:51 PM

hi people can anybody help me ive got all the stuff together seen the prisoner got the wand but i cant drop the egg down to squash it it just wont do it . its sending me round the twist . if any body can help it would be much appreciated thanks heaps sagtattman

Felix The Assassin 09-08-2003 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by sagtattman:
hi people can anybody help me ive got all the stuff together seen the prisoner got the wand but i cant drop the egg down to squash it it just wont do it . its sending me round the twist . if any body can help it would be much appreciated thanks heaps sagtattman
Hmm,

Did you turn the big wheel, and watch the crushing platform move up and down?
Did you walk into the middle of the pit where the drain is in the floor?
Once under the crusher did you open inventory and just drop a spider egg?
Did you place an empty flask on the shelf/rack at the bottom tier?
Once back at the turning wheel, did you turn it until you got the voice telling you about how ...?

Hope this helps without giving it all away.
Felix

Wyvern 09-08-2003 07:51 AM

This is one of those bits that has caused a number of players difficulty and yet isn't that complicated. Hopefully Felix's fine hints will have solved your problems.
Here's a shorter form

Save your game before trying -

Put the FLASK in place first!
Walk into the crusher to drop your egg -
Spin that wheel -
Spider Nectar!

Wyv

moiraine sedai 09-08-2003 08:32 AM

Just make sure you have raised the 'crusher' first before dropping the egg. It's annoying when you drop the egg on the top of it.....

Moiraine Sedai

bsftcs 09-08-2003 09:16 AM

You mean you have right-clicked on the egg on the inventory screen and then clicked the "drop" button and it still will not drop to the floor?

sagtattman 09-08-2003 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bsftcs:
You mean you have right-clicked on the egg on the inventory screen and then clicked the "drop" button and it still will not drop to the floor?
yeah that was the problem but i got it sorted its a bit of a hassle loading up one of your party till they cant carry anything more then giving them an egg and they drop it but it works thanks sagtattman

bsftcs 09-09-2003 07:03 AM

That sounds like a completely new, heretofore unknown and unencountered bug. Incredible that we can still encounter new such.

Bungleau 09-09-2003 11:08 PM

I wouldn't call that new and unencountered... at least, not completely.

You've probably noticed that certain items, like arrows, will automatically pick up when you walk close enough to them, as long as you have one in inventory. Saves you the difficulty of clicking all over after a nice fight.

Some potions, specifically fire bombs and poison bombs, do the same thing, at least for me. If I have one in inventory and walk close to another, it automatically picks up. If my inventory is full, it goes into a cycle of "pick up, drop, repeat" until my head spins.

Sounds like the egg does the same thing, although I haven't experienced it with the eggs before.

My suggestion: Make sure the character dropping it only has one egg in inventory, and don't make anyone else active until you've dropped the egg and moved out of the area.

Now, it sounds like you've already gotten past this, but if you'd care to go back to experiment... the results would probably be worthy of a Best Tips post :D

bsftcs 09-10-2003 07:04 AM

But an egg is not a stackable item and hence not an item which will automatically be picked up. :confused: And so far as I understood Sagtattman there were problems dropping the egg in the first place. Not a repeated drop and pick up loop. Furthermore the solution to the problem was filling the character's inventory and then giving him the egg so it would finally drop.

LiOnHe@rT 09-10-2003 10:32 AM

or did u drop the egg just directly on the edge where u thought it fell in? that happens sometimes to me when i'm in a rush :D !
juz follow what the others told u, and u'll be fine, although i dun know anything about the "cant drop my egg" problem.........