Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Apple iWatch (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102520)

Yorick 06-23-2015 02:33 AM

Apple iWatch

Will you get an iWatch?

Bungleau 06-23-2015 03:21 AM

Re: Apple iWatch

I'm split between "Hell no!" and "Ermmm.... maybe.... if..."

I stopped wearing a watch at least 5 years ago. That's strike one.

Every commercial I've seen shows these people excited to have a big ol' watch (and I mean BIG!) on their wrist... that they can interact with like their cell phone. *glances* Yeah... that's not going on my wrist. Strike 2.

Apparently, they're following the inkjet printer model... the watch is cheap (relatively speaking), but the watch bands are hella expensive. Strike 3.

And while I'm sure the technical glitches will be addressed, and not that they apply to me, but... tattoos make it fail? It relies on interacting with my skin? My skin is corrosive, explaining why my wedding ring's white gold inlays and ridged pattern no longer exist, and how that chipped arrowhead pendant I had years ago became a smooth one. Strike 4.

And yes, you can get 4 strikes in baseball :)

Not for me. If I were given one, I'd be stuck. If I won one, I'd play with it a bit, then sell it.

Yorick 06-23-2015 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bungleau (Post 1250236)
I'm split between "Hell no!" and "Ermmm.... maybe.... if..."

I stopped wearing a watch at least 5 years ago. That's strike one.

Every commercial I've seen shows these people excited to have a big ol' watch (and I mean BIG!) on their wrist... that they can interact with like their cell phone. *glances* Yeah... that's not going on my wrist. Strike 2.

Apparently, they're following the inkjet printer model... the watch is cheap (relatively speaking), but the watch bands are hella expensive. Strike 3.

And while I'm sure the technical glitches will be addressed, and not that they apply to me, but... tattoos make it fail? It relies on interacting with my skin? My skin is corrosive, explaining why my wedding ring's white gold inlays and ridged pattern no longer exist, and how that chipped arrowhead pendant I had years ago became a smooth one. Strike 4.

And yes, you can get 4 strikes in baseball :)

Not for me. If I were given one, I'd be stuck. If I won one, I'd play with it a bit, then sell it.

Man I hear you.
But hey... corrosive skin? That's wild man. How and why? Your skin grinds down metal?
Are you a metahuman? :)

Bungleau 06-23-2015 01:02 PM

LOL! Not a metahuman or mutant so far as I know... and it's a very, very slo-o-ow process ;)

So corrosive's the best name I've got... sounds far more intriguing than erosion :P

ElfBane 06-23-2015 04:16 PM

I don't buy Apple products... because I was screwed in the Apple IIGS abandonment.

Yorick 06-24-2015 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElfBane (Post 1250246)
I don't buy Apple products... because I was screwed in the Apple IIGS abandonment.

What do you mean? What happened?

Yorick 06-24-2015 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bungleau (Post 1250243)
LOL! Not a metahuman or mutant so far as I know... and it's a very, very slo-o-ow process ;)

So corrosive's the best name I've got... sounds far more intriguing than erosion :P

That's amazing man.

ElfBane 06-24-2015 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorick (Post 1250251)
What do you mean? What happened?

I bought an Apple IIGS system and then, 5 months later, Apple announced the ending of support for that product line. They had decided to concentrate their PC efforts exclusively on the MAC line. I was a victim of fate, but still not too pleased to be out $1500. The ending of IIGS support meant, of course, that no more games would be developed for that line.

Yorick 06-24-2015 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElfBane (Post 1250257)
I bought an Apple IIGS system and then, 5 months later, Apple announced the ending of support for that product line. They had decided to concentrate their PC efforts exclusively on the MAC line. I was a victim of fate, but still not too pleased to be out $1500. The ending of IIGS support meant, of course, that no more games would be developed for that line.

I hate that crap man. That really sucks.

Yorick 06-24-2015 08:28 PM

I remember it!
I was into Commodores at the time though.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_IIGS