Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The OFFICIAL Ironworks Football World Cup Thread --Part II (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79381)

Lord Shield 06-15-2002 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:
Oh, and it's so nice to be overlooked just because you 'think' that the Belgians won't give you enough of a challenge. Again, don't make a statement before you're sure that that statement is correct. In your own words : GROW UP.
This is pathetic. This is a footy thread. Our opinions matter. We think we're gonna do well against hte Brazilians and better against the Belgians

Any more flamebaiting from you and I contact the Mods

the new JR Jansen 06-15-2002 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lord Shield:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:
Oh, and it's so nice to be overlooked just because you 'think' that the Belgians won't give you enough of a challenge. Again, don't make a statement before you're sure that that statement is correct. In your own words : GROW UP.

This is pathetic. This is a footy thread. Our opinions matter. We think we're gonna do well against hte Brazilians and better against the Belgians

Any more flamebaiting from you and I contact the Mods
</font>[/QUOTE]Our opinions matter ? Then mine obviously doesn't just because i don't concure with yours. I've seen British people talk about their match with Brasil, when they don't even have a match against Brazil yet. And when i post that i got laughed at, very funny.
If voicing my opinion and doing so vehemently is flamebaiting then i guess i'm guilty.

Lord Shield 06-15-2002 02:57 PM

when did we say your opinion didn't matter? what i SAID was that we won't stop voicing OUR opinions on YOUR say-so

i did NOT say your opinion didn't matter. i did NOT say anything racist - YOU inferreed that

[ 06-15-2002, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Lord Shield ]

Memnoch 06-15-2002 03:46 PM

The level of immaturity displayed in this thread amaze me.

Lord Shield, YOU arein the wrong here - you rubbed JR's nose in it with your flamebaiting comments about England facing Brazil and Belgium being shit - yet you're the first to take offense. Here's the sequence of events:

Quote:

the new JR Jansen said:
Aren't you people forgetting one thing. THAT BRAZIL STILL HAS TO PLAY ONE MATCH BEFORE THEY CAN FACE ENGLAND [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img] . Im getting really po'ed about this. It's not like we have a big chance of winning but that doesn't mean we can. At least wait untill you're sure England is going to face Brazil before you make those statements.

Quote:

Lord Shield said:
no we won't [img]tongue.gif[/img] - what you gonna do about it? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

come on BRAZIL - we're waiting for ya :D :D

Quote:

the new JR Jansen said:
Hmpf, if that's the way it's going to be, don't expect to see me around here anymore, damn racists [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

Quote:

and where do you get that racists accusation crap from? it's simply a challenge request for a footy team, because we don't think the Belgians will give us enough of a challenge

GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's pretty clear who started what here.

I was prepared to be a bit more lenient with the needling, playful flamebaiting and the competitive slagging off that happens when sports teams are discussed, but there is ONE cardinal rule to that: don't dish out what you can't take in return (applies to both of you). There were [img]tongue.gif[/img] smileys in Lord Shield's post, and [img]tongue.gif[/img] smileys in JR's post. Let's not create mountains out of molehills - it's only a footy game at the end of the day.

I would suggest that both of you stop acting like spoiled kids as you've created an argument about nothing. Stop baiting each other if you're going to act like sore losers - so far the sportsmanship on this thread has been good (till now).

JR, my advice to you when people are trying to provoke a reaction is to be quietly confident - this is the World Cup of upsets. Think of how much fun you'll have rubbing THEIR noses in it if they fall to Belgium in the quarters. ;)

[ 06-15-2002, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Lord Shield 06-15-2002 04:11 PM

whatever - Belgium or Brazil - ENG-ER-LAND will beat them [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I'll bet it's Brazil we play though ;)

Epona 06-15-2002 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Epona:
3-0, 3-0, 3-0, 3-0 [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/shine.gif[/img]

Nigel, i thougt you didn't want England to win, and now you're celebrating. What made you change your mind ?</font>[/QUOTE]Oh that not supporting England thing? I was just out to wind up Donut - it worked magnificently, dontcha think? [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

johnny 06-15-2002 04:21 PM

whoa, there was a tennismatch here between Lord Shield and JR Janssen and i missed it, who won the match ? :D

Lord Shield 06-15-2002 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
whoa, there was a tennismatch here between Lord Shield and JR Janssen and i missed it, who won the match ? :D
yo momma ;)

Donut 06-15-2002 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Epona:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by johnny:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Epona:
3-0, 3-0, 3-0, 3-0 [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/shine.gif[/img]

Nigel, i thougt you didn't want England to win, and now you're celebrating. What made you change your mind ?</font>[/QUOTE]Oh that not supporting England thing? I was just out to wind up Donut - it worked magnificently, dontcha think? [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Nah - I'm not having that. You've just got caught up in the whole thing and are trying to cover your behind Nigel! :D

Donut 06-15-2002 09:00 PM

Bring on the Brazilians!!!!