Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   plz help... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33051)

pr 07-16-2005 12:20 PM

hey,plz help me. i got the game wizards & warriors from my cousin last week. i am having difficulty getting inside the crypt. i have taken the rat-pie and clicked on the graveyard statue. but inside the crypt the second door is not opening. i heared a lever must be opened but cant find it. if u could help me.. plz..

bsftcs 07-16-2005 05:24 PM

Oh yes - a classic. [img]smile.gif[/img]

It is right in the middle of the wall on the left when you enter the crypt at the bottom of the stairs.

It is grey and somewhat hard to spot, but just go over the left wall, and you will spot it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh, yeah, and welcome to the board. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Bungleau 07-16-2005 11:45 PM

Welcome to the boards, pr! May your frustration in the Gael Serran end with this lever...

Bsftcs has given you the right answer, and don't feel bad -- that lever has foiled many, many people when they started. One of the things you can do is to look at the wall and move your cursor over it. It will change color when it passes over the lever. This works everywhere else, and is really handy when trying to pick up loot after a battle [img]smile.gif[/img]

bsftcs 07-17-2005 08:57 AM

I, personally, was ready to erase the game from my hard disk after a month or so trying to get into the crypt. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Then I decided to try one last time before taking that drastic measure, and there I found it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

That was, of course, before I then decided to join this excellent forum. ;)

Wyvern 07-17-2005 01:14 PM

Welcome to the board, pr!!!

That second door in the crypt has stumped so many players!!

You might want to adjust the gamma on your monitor so that things are not quite so dark. That should make it easier to spot levers and the like that are hidden in the darkness.

Keep us posted on how your game is going!

Wyv

Radek 07-18-2005 03:22 AM

All dungeons in W&W are entered this way, pr. Always search a lever somewhere around near the entrance to the dungeon. Click it and the game will start to load the dungeon.
Also, the loading does not start completely immediately. You click the lever and you will be able to move as if there were something wrong. No, it isn't! Wait a moment and you get "frozen" and the message about loading the dungeon will pop up.

At any rate, set gamma in your video options to a considerable higher value than is the default, as Wyvern has said. The default makes the game too dark.

aleph_null1 07-18-2005 10:54 AM

That's awesome -- the reason I found the W&W boards, in November 2000 (yay for the blue days!) was because I couldn't find that silly lever!

pr 07-19-2005 02:44 AM

wow thanks anyway. what to do with scabban??

Radek 07-19-2005 03:29 AM

Scabban is in the Asylum in the Crypt. The first quest of the Mages Guild in Valeia wants you to speak with him. In fact, you need not speak with him and kill him instead :D

There are certain problems with the Scabban quest. You'd better get the quest first by all your members of the Mages Guild of your party and then go to Asylum and speak (or "speak") with Scabban. This works. If you reach Scabban first and then you get the quest and return to Scabban then the questgiver need not detect that you have finished the quest and you have to repeat it.