Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Who missed me? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91218)

SomeGuy 07-31-2004 03:32 PM

Who missed me this week? I meant to post something, but I forgot. I was in Fort Smith, Arkansas with my church on a Mission Trip. I didn't want to leave. We went to help in a program called "Street Reach". A few churches go down there and help with it, What we do is, the churches split up into three different groups. And we go to apartment complexes in the city. When we get there we honk, go from door to door, and just have a good time with the kids who come. We play with them for a LONG time first, sing some church songs like "Jesus Loves Me" "Romans 16:19 says" and a lot other who's name I have no clue about. We split the older kids and the younger kids. One group goes to crafts and the other to bible story. Afterwards we give them their lunches and we say bye and they go home until the next day. They do this for six weeks in the summer, different churches for each week. It's a great program. It's all for the kids. I learned a lot down there. I don't see God in the face of children, I see Him in their hearts. I don't know if *I* taught them anything, but I learned a lot from them, and I'll miss them all. On the last night they did a slide show of everything they had done that week. As we all watched it, the tears flowed. It was an emotional night for all. I met so many people down there who I'm going to miss a lot. It was a really great week. My friend Blake really fell in love with these kids. The sweetest thing happened down there. A little girl from the place we went to named Mia was sitting alone, a sad look on her face. I went up to her and asked her what was wrong. The first words I heard were "I want Blake..." Blake really has a way with the kids, they love him and he loves them. It's just too bad we had to leave. I'm sorry all this seems a bit jumbled together, but I've got a lot on my mind right now, I miss the people I met down there, including a very special girl.

Ronn_Bman 07-31-2004 03:40 PM

Glad you had a good time you penguined crusader!

My son also goes on Mission trips with his church. The last time they built a huge playground centerpiece(some type of castle or fort) at a park in an under priviledged area in Illinois. Last summer they helped paint the houses of low income elderly people in Wilmington, NC.

Lord 07-31-2004 05:52 PM

Well, I'll admit that I miss some guys sometimes [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Harkoliar 07-31-2004 10:41 PM

not me [img]tongue.gif[/img] :D

wb ;)

Ladyzekke 07-31-2004 11:46 PM

Welcome Back Someguy! [img]smile.gif[/img] Even though you were only gone for a week LOL! :D

Gangrell 08-01-2004 08:10 AM

I didn't miss you, I had enough of you at the voicechat yesterday :D

Welcome back [img]smile.gif[/img]

Xen 08-01-2004 03:05 PM

Welcome back SomeGuy! It`s nice to read you again. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cloudbringer 08-02-2004 02:34 PM

Of course I missed you SweetGuy! Welcome back and congrats on such a good mission trip!

Stormymystic 08-02-2004 04:24 PM

hey you were in arkansas????? you were only a few hours from me then [img]tongue.gif[/img] glad to know you had a great time, and that you were able to help the children there. [img]smile.gif[/img]