Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Hewitt is No.1!!! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72323)

Yorick 11-24-2001 02:35 PM

Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!!

Let's go Lleyton
let's go (clk clk)

Barb 11-24-2001 02:57 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Yorick:
Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!!

Let's go Lleyton
let's go (clk clk)
<hr></blockquote>

Lleyton Hewitt is rubbish! compared with the Brits. One of them took Samprass to 5 sets at Wimbledon!

Aelia Jusa 11-24-2001 04:10 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Barb:

Lleyton Hewitt is rubbish! compared with the Brits. One of them took Samprass to 5 sets at Wimbledon!
<hr></blockquote>

LOL! Lleyton beat Sampras in three sets at the US open, breaking his first service game when Pistol hadn't been broken all tournament [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

Davros 11-24-2001 05:56 PM

<hr></blockquote>

:D - Earth to planet Barb - admire your patriotism, but think that your grasp on reality is slipping (just reminded me I must post the Ashes result in the Rugby League - Donut and Staraflur were very keen to rub my nose in it after the 1st test - bet their enthusiasm s somewhat dampened now :D ).

Um, simple questions :
1) Last Brit to win Wimbledon
2) Last Brit to win any of the majors
3) Last Brit to lose a final of the majors (yes, Canadian citizenship need not be relevant)
4) Last British side to win the Davis Cup
5) Who will win the Gunners v Man U clash tonight (hey, I needed a 5th question for balance).

I'm sure that Leyton can handle all the "slings and arrows of outrgaeous fortune", and even the odd Barb from his critics :hehe.

Yorick 11-25-2001 04:04 PM

<hr></blockquote>

Ummm, as my compatriots pointed out, a straight sets victory over Sampras in the US open, and Hewitts recent ascension of WORLD NUMBER ONE TENNIS PLAYER (hence the thread's reason for existance and title) puts him in a different league to Henman and Rusedski et al.

He is World number one. End of year number one at that.

Youngest ever or something? Some important record.... [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think, as Sampras said, you'll be hearing of this Hewitt fellow for many years yet.

[img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Aelia Jusa 11-25-2001 04:29 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Yorick:

Youngest ever or something? Some important record.... [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think, as Sampras said, you'll be hearing of this Hewitt fellow for many years yet.

[img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
<hr></blockquote>

Yep. Youngest ever. And the first to go undefeated at the season ending tournament since... someone ages ago ;) Stich or something.

Barb 11-25-2001 04:32 PM

Ohh ur *Barb retreats to his corner defeated*

Davros 11-25-2001 04:33 PM

Funny, I just know Barb is out there, because she just posted to the Arsenal v Man U thread - thought she would have been back with the answers to all my questions by now. Maybe she is still in research - I guess some of them have pretty obscure answers :D .

Davros 11-25-2001 04:37 PM

Apologies Barb - we must have been typing at the same time, and I failed to see your retreat. Umm, one question - ......Barb retreats to """his""" corner defeated? Barb is not, then, a shortened form of Barbara :D .

Barb 11-25-2001 04:50 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Davros:
Apologies Barb - we must have been typing at the same time, and I failed to see your retreat. Umm, one question - ......Barb retreats to """his""" corner defeated? Barb is not, then, a shortened form of Barbara :D .<hr></blockquote>

OHHHH, thats below the belt! NO. Its as in Barb as in a Barb on barbed wire.

Start running Davros.