Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Elminster??? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11681)

Xen 02-15-2003 12:04 PM

<font color="yellow">
I was always wondering what is his part in the whole Baldur`s gate series.I mean he alwyas gave you an advice but all were some kind of a riddels.So what is his part??(Besides he has found you and gave you into Gorion saftey)

Xen

</font>

Sythe 02-15-2003 12:11 PM

I have no idea but do you know his stats?

Annatar 02-15-2003 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sythe:
I have no idea but do you know his stats?
From the AD&D FR 'Heroes Lorebook'
Elminster

Human male 29th level mage; one of the chosen of Mystra

AC: 6 (3 w/ring)
Move: 12
Hit points: 96
THAC0: 12
No. of attacks: 1
Alignment: Chaotic good
Strength: 13
Dexterity: 18
Constitution: 14
Intelligence: 18
Wisdom: 18
Charisma:17
Spells: 7/7/7/7/6/6/6/6/6 ( He always uses a customized form of contingency for one of his 9th, 'Elminsters Evasion' it is really just a revised dimension door )

Weapons of proficiency: Dagger,Dart,Quarterstaff

Magical items: he always carries 'necklace of missiles','ring of protetion +3', a 'ring of regeneration' and of course his 'ever-smoking pipe*'

Spell immunities: magic missiles, ESP, fireball,Evards black tentacles, feeblemind, death spell, finger of death, power word blind, imprisonment

*Elminsters ever-smoking pipe: can produce a 'Melf's minute meteor' by simply exhaling sharply into it, dimension door up to 500lbs once per round for up to nine times per day and produce three differant pyrotechnic effects

I dont know if these are the stats in BG2, though I would assume they were

[Add] I found it somewhere on the net... not real sure where but... lots of good information though :D

[ 02-15-2003, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Annatar ]

Xen 02-15-2003 01:08 PM

<font color="yellow">
Thanx!!!

Cheers [img]smile.gif[/img]

Xen

</font>

Sir Exxon 02-15-2003 01:33 PM

<font color="gold">AFAIK, his only role in the BG-series is to give you hints, etc. He has no major role at all, he is simply included because he is a famous Faerūn character.
He will also pop up various places throughout the game, doing something besides giving hints. ;) </font>

Malavon's Rage 02-15-2003 04:33 PM

I beleive in 3rd edition rules, Elminster goes as follows;
1 lv fighter, 2 or 3 lv's of theif (can't remember), somewhere around 29 lv mage, and 4 lv's of archmage.

The Lv's make more sense if you read the books about him, they're pretty good. Anyone out there that know's his stats better than i do???

Trau 02-15-2003 06:07 PM

Elminster was a good friend of Gorion.

Imrahil 02-16-2003 12:03 AM

I'd guess the put him in for the same reason the put Drizz't in - to give people familiar with the Forgotten Realms setting a sense of "ooooh! cool! I really *am* in the Forgotten Realms!" [img]smile.gif[/img]

In other words, just as a minor way of immersing your character in the story & the lore of the Realms.

Incidently, has anyone ever attacked Elminster? I think he force-talks you too quick to do it (those with ToB - at the end of Abizagal's Lair might be a good opportunity?) but I'm not positive.

- Imrahil

Angelousss 02-16-2003 12:59 AM

if you did it right(ie timestop shapechange(cause it's the fastest way to kill 1 person) you might be able to kill him before he talks to you it'd be interesting to try

Xen 02-16-2003 04:50 AM

<font color="yellow">
He is unkillable by my minds.I have tryed to kill him but nothing.I even tryed to CTRL+Y him but that didn`t work to...so i assume he is immortal.

Cheers [img]smile.gif[/img]

Xen

</font>