Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Incense (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59443)

Winzalot 11-06-2000 10:50 PM

Someone please help. Whenever I try to either "use" or "give" a gold coin into the box at the base of the Golden Serpent, I get poisoned - no incense. How do I get the incense?

Can you use any "cure poison" potion as the "Spider Venon"? I've already used the flasks to cure poison, no knowing I would need them later (stupid me).

Dragon42 11-06-2000 11:31 PM

Are you using the gold coins you find on the lizard priests? Or are you just trying to use regular everyday "gold"? Using common gold makes the snake not like you....

poddal 11-07-2000 12:13 AM

i think they are called gold serin (when identified) not sure on spelling. And the venom you seek is called spider necture and you will need to make that! so yer still safe

Ganadorf 11-07-2000 02:51 AM

Just be sure to stand to the side of the statue when you insert the coin or you will again become poisoned.

Winzalot 11-07-2000 10:07 AM

OK, I am using the special gold coins - I've tried standing on allsides and as far away as I can get and still put a coin in the box. Does someone special in the party need to deposit the coins? Should I use "use", "give" or "drop"?

Very frustrated with this one (I've even found the statue of Kerah) but cannot get the incense.

Cannot make any more spider nectar because I've used the two flasks from the kitchen to make some then drank it to cure poison. Hopefully I can use any "cure Poison" potion.

Kate 11-07-2000 01:16 PM

There are more flasks in the temple I found 4 in total. You will need spider nectar not cure poison potions to complete the ritual. So go find the other flasks and make some more!
Make sure you are putting the coins in the box with the slot in and not just clicking on the serpent.

Winzalot 11-09-2000 02:41 PM

OK, I appreciate all of the suggestions. Here is what I have done and still get poisoned and no incense:

1. Identified the gold coins from the serpent priests - seran I think.
1A. Talked with the prisoner who told me how to do the Summon Spirit and get incense from a serpent basket, but he couldn't remember where.
2. My Rogue has the coins
3. I have tried "use" the coin and clicked on the slot (standing both in front and on the side of the snake statue) = poisoned and no incense.
4. I have tried "give" the coin and clicked on the slot (standing both in front and on the side of the snake statue) = poisoned and no incense.
5. I have tried selecting the coin and "dropping" it by/into the slot in the box at the bottom of the snake statue both in front and to the side of the snake = poisoned and no incense.
6. I've tried having my Rogue steal from the basket = poisoned and no incense.

What the heck am I doing wrong - or maybe I should say, what do I need to do to get this stuff? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Kate 11-09-2000 06:13 PM

I know it was my rogue that had all the gold serpin coins, I had given them to her because she needed them for a quest. That worked OK.
I may have separated one coin out to use I can't remember.
I'm sure you "use" the coins in the slot.
I did it by accident, I just saw a coin slot and tried to put a coin in it to see what happened. I got incense and at theat point I didn't even know why I needed it, it was that easy. However I had loads of problems getting the spider nectar - this game is so weird at times. Probably needs a patch...