Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   This is soooo strange (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92516)

Sythe 12-15-2004 08:41 PM

After a successful and decisive victory in Rome: Total War. I started to exit. I clicked on the quit link.....

I wake up on my bed....

I have no memory of going to my bed at all! And no! I was not drunk or anything.

This kind of thing ever happened to anybody?

johnny 12-15-2004 08:46 PM

So does this mean that in reality you still haven't managed to beat the game ? :D

Something similar happened to me one time, except i wasn't playing a game, i was playing in a footballmatch. I don't recall everything anymore, but i scored a whole bunch of goals. And then i woke up and actually felt a little tired, like if i really had been running on a footballfield for 90 minutes. Maybe i have been kicking the blankets through the room all night long. :D

armageddon272 12-15-2004 08:54 PM

im getting deja vu, i think i might have had a similar experience, but i can't recall (no, that was not a bad joke).

Marty4 12-15-2004 09:08 PM

Happened to me once, except with Baldur's gate. I'm pretty sure that the excitement of the game kept me up even though I should have been asleep, and as soon as I quit I fell asleep and sleepwalked to bed. At least, thats MY theory. Maybe the same thing happened to you. Was this late at night?

Sythe 12-15-2004 09:20 PM

It was during the day a little before 5 PM. And johnny I already beaten the game as the Jullui (can't spell it) [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] I am just replaying as Carthage this time on very hard for both settings.

Absynthe 12-15-2004 11:20 PM

I have lost count of the number of times I've woken up in a bed and not recalled how I got there... [img]graemlins/bonghit.gif[/img]

To be on topic, I have gone through a long night of gaming and forgotten where I left off the next day. Makes you wonder what happened to your mind.

SomeGuy 12-15-2004 11:31 PM

That happened to me a few weeks ago. My parents were at a dinner party, and I didn't feel like going to sleep until they got back, was 11 when I went to go watch tv after some gaming. I remember it had been an extremely rough workout in the weightroom that day so i was exhausted, I ended up falling asleep and waking up at noon next morning. My parents got back at like 1 AM apparently.

Iron Greasel 12-16-2004 09:42 AM

Smells Matrixy. I'm pretty sure that someone has placed hidden cameras or something in your brain.

Or then it was just a dream.

Vaskez 12-16-2004 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SomeGuy:
That happened to me a few weeks ago. My parents were at a dinner party, and I didn't feel like going to sleep until they got back, was 11 when I went to go watch tv after some gaming. I remember it had been an extremely rough workout in the weightroom that day so i was exhausted, I ended up falling asleep and waking up at noon next morning. My parents got back at like 1 AM apparently.
Noon next morning eh? Schweet. I also had something similar...one evening I got home at 11am.

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

RoSs_bg2_rox 12-16-2004 12:19 PM

Plenty of times. Never during a session, since when I'm gaming I lose sense of time and never get tired, but one time I was browsing IW and then went to sit down, but I didn't remember doing that. All I remember is waking up on the sofa at 5am. The other day I was playing GTA San Andreas from my bed (lazy lazy) and I remember waking up in the morning but the PS2 was off!