Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   How to Use HTML (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73087)

LennonCook 01-20-2002 06:29 AM

<font color="lightgreen"> OK, there is already a thread on this somewhere, but I believe that it is very close to being locked (if it isnt locked already), and the search function doesnt bring it up (only goes back to the last upgrade) so here is an update on what Cloudy among others taught us in the old thread. Anymore coding that works on IW which anyone can add will be welcomed. Note that in all examples below, {and} should be replaced with <and>, and (and) with [and].

</font> {font color="red"}Text here{/font} gives <font color="red">Text here</font>
Be careful to spell correctly, and include the punctuation. It isnt too hard once u get used to it.

{H1}Text here{/H1} gives <H1>Text here</H1> the sizes go to H6, H1 being largest, and H4 being the automatic (i think anyway)

{center}Text here{/center} gives
<center>Text here</center>

{marquee} text here{/marquee} gives
<marquee>text here</marquee>
Note that u can change the direction of it, and the behavior- the next example you can split up if you want (there are 2 comands seperated by a comma (",") you can use them independantly of one another)
{marquee direction="down", behavior="alternate"}text here{/marquee} gives
<marquee direction="down". behavior="alternate">text here</marquee>

If your going to combine 2 or more of these, make sure you code correctly. You put the End tags (with a "/") must go in the opposite order to the begining tags. The easiest way to remember this is that they are layers... you peel of the outer tags, and the next layer is different.

Now some colours to use when coding (more would be appreciated)
<H1>
Plane (no coding required) <font color="red">Red</font>
<font color="green">Green</font> <font color="lime"> Lime</font>
<font color="yellow">Yellow</font> <font color="gold">Gold</font>
<font color="black">Black</font> <font color="brown">Brown</font>
<font color="cyan">Cyan</font><font color="lightblue">Evil Blue</font>
<font color="lightgreen">Lightgreen</font>
<font color="blue">Blue</font> <font color="purple">Purple</font>
<font color="white">White</font> <font color="pink">Pink</font>
<font color="darkblue">Darkblue</font> <font color="darkgreen">Darkgreen</font></H1>

<font color="lightgreen"> If you want to be clever, try something like this:</font>
<H2><marquee direction="down", behavior="alternate"><center><font color="lime">A</font><font color="gold">U</font><font color="lime">S</font><font color="gold">S</font><font color="lime">I</font><font color="gold">E <font color="lime">A</font><font color="gold">U</font><font color="lime">S</font><font color="gold">S</font><font color="lime">I</font><font color="gold">E <font color="lime">A</font><font color="gold">U</font><font color="lime">S</font><font color="gold">S</font><font color="lime">I</font><font color="gold">E </font><font color="lime">!</font><font color="gold">!</font><font color="lime">!</font></center></marquee></H2>

[ 01-20-2002: Message edited by: SookmaCook ]

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: SookmaCook ]</p>

Glorfindel 01-20-2002 06:50 AM

<H1><marquee direction="down", behavior="alternate"><center><font color="lime">O</font><font color="gold">I</font><font color="lime">!</font><font color="gold">! </font><font color="gold">O<font color="lime">I</font><font color="gold">!</font><font color="lime">! </font><font color="gold">O</font><font color="lime">I</font><font color="gold">!<font color="lime">!</font></marquee></H1>

Hope that works If so YAY!!!!

Talthyr Malkaviel 01-20-2002 07:02 AM

This is a test, I wanna see if some other things work.

Sorry if it doesn't work, I learnt HTML ages ago, and I may be a bit rusty from not using any of it for so long.

[ 01-20-2002: Message edited by: Talthyr Malkaviel ]

(EDITED BY ZIROC: You are not allowed to use form type code)

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: Ziroc ]</p>

Glorfindel 01-20-2002 07:11 AM

wat was it supposed 2 do??? I selected green and nuthin happened

Talthyr Malkaviel 01-20-2002 07:22 AM

Who said anything was going to happen? [img]smile.gif[/img]
I was just testing to see if it let you do some things I wasn't sure it would.

Glorfindel 01-20-2002 07:32 AM

O... i just thought it was gonna do something... o well :(

Talthyr Malkaviel 01-20-2002 07:34 AM

If you really wanted, I could have put in buttons to change the background colour of the message, and that would have been more fun, but I was really just wondering exactly what you can and can't do.

Glorfindel 01-20-2002 07:40 AM

Kool.... that all sounds like fun :D :D :D :D

Sir Exxon 01-20-2002 08:21 AM

<font color="gold">Yeah, cool!
Just wish I were so good with HTML.
I only know the basics.</font>

see ya!

LennonCook 01-20-2002 04:47 PM

<font color="lightgreen">And ofcourse theres UBB code... using it. Replace (and ) with [and ] respectively.
  • Make a list. (LIST) to start, (/LIST) to End, (*) for each point.
  • Make your text Bold with (b)Text here(/b)
  • [s]strikeout[/s] your text with (s)Text here(/s)
  • Type using italics with (i)Text here(/i)
  • Insert an Image. (IMG)IMage URL here(/IMG) for example http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/images/hammer.gif
  • INsert a link. (URL=Page URL here)text here(/URL).
</font>

And ofcourse, some of these codes do affect smilies.
<marquee behavior="alternate"> [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] </marquee>

[ 01-20-2002: Message edited by: SookmaCook ]</p>