Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   should i go? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85398)

Stormymystic 04-26-2003 03:54 AM

I am a member of a grou that parties every month, the problem is i am really not wanting to go, but husband does should i go and try to have fun, or not go and upset everyone who is expecting me to be there? it is later today (saturday) and it is byob i really could use advice

LennonCook 04-26-2003 03:57 AM

<span style="color: lightblue">If you think it would be better for you to not go, don`t go.
Why go to a party if you think you`ll have trouble enjoying it ??

Stormymystic 04-26-2003 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LennonCook:
<span style="color: lightblue">If you think it would be better for you to not go, don`t go.
Why go to a party if you think you`ll have trouble enjoying it ??

because if i dont go, my husband and friends will be hurt and upset at me

Arledrian 04-26-2003 04:03 AM

Just drink a bit before you go out - enough to get buzzed, and enough to want to schwing your stuff for the next couple of hours. I've often felt incredibly lethargic but then perked right up after a few beers. Tonight was no exception [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Kakero 04-26-2003 04:28 AM

If your husband want you to go, go for a while ( where's the party held? near your house ? ). after a while make excuses like you got to watch the kids or something like that.

johnny 04-26-2003 04:40 AM

You said you're in a group that party's every month, so why should it be a big deal if you skip one party ? There's another one next month, right ?

If they're upset with you for not being there, well, tough luck. If you don't feel like going, then don't go. You should do what YOU want, not what OTHERS want.

Melusine 04-26-2003 04:47 AM

Agree with Johnny. If you don't feel like going, then that's just too bad for the others. If they'd get upset at you for something as trivial as that I would find it odd.

LordKathen 04-26-2003 07:08 AM

<font color=ff6600> Stormy, don't go if you dont want to. I think that they would feel the vibe if you went, witch would'nt be good for anyone. [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>

Harkoliar 04-26-2003 10:41 AM

well, if it was me (who is very conservative) who really doest want to go.. just go there.. eat and leave (after greeting a few people here and there).. or else dont go at all..

Stormymystic 04-26-2003 11:15 AM

it is out of town, my parents will watch the kids and we wil get a hotel room for the night, i think i will go, just to et away from the kids for a night, doesn't meani have to stay at party, and we are going to leave early enough to getsome rest before we go toparty