Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Do you like drawing? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80106)

uss 07-10-2002 07:54 PM

I`m not talking about using Paintshop somethingsomething in the computer. I`m talking about the old thing - Take a pencil, a rubber and a blank paper and then draw what you like [img]smile.gif[/img] . Anyway, do you like drawing?
Personally, I love drawing. I sometimes draw everykinds of wierd fantasy stuff like swords, demons, magic and such. Though i don`t seem to draw well [img]graemlins/erm.gif[/img]

SecretMaster 07-10-2002 07:57 PM

Yeah, I love to draw, though i ain't the best. When I'm in class, i get bored, and start doodling. You should see my "notes" from the school year.

Sazerac 07-10-2002 08:16 PM

From doodles, artists are "born."

Keep at it, uss. If it's something you like, you'll find you get better and better at it as time goes one.

And yes, I love drawing and painting. It's one of my RL hobbies.

-Saz

uss 07-10-2002 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sazerac:
From doodles, artists are "born."

Keep at it, uss. If it's something you like, you'll find you get better and better at it as time goes one.

And yes, I love drawing and painting. It's one of my RL hobbies.

-Saz

Thanks, Saz [img]smile.gif[/img] .

K T Ong 07-10-2002 08:43 PM

I enjoy drawing so much, and have drawn so much stuff, that I've even set up my own online picture gallery. Go check it out and tell me what you think, uss. ;)

Always dreamt of being a full-time artist. Only trouble is, you can't make much of a living out of drawing -- not in Singapore anyway... :(

[ 07-10-2002, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: K T Ong ]

uss 07-10-2002 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by K T Ong:
I enjoy drawing so much, and have drawn so much stuff, that I've even set up my own online picture gallery. Go check it out and tell me what you think, uss. ;)

Always dreamt of being a full-time artist. Only trouble is, you can't make much of a living out of drawing -- not in Singapore anyway... :(

Wow, really nice pics, dude [img]smile.gif[/img] !

SecretMaster 07-10-2002 09:07 PM

Hey K T. Good pics there, i'm kinda jealous. And thanx Sazerac for givin me some wisdom.

Loumistro 07-10-2002 09:52 PM

I doodle all of the time. It is like my passing time in between my favorite video game. It is all that I do really. They are pretty pointless doodles too.

K T Ong 07-10-2002 11:18 PM

To uss: Thanks for the compliments. [img]smile.gif[/img]

To SecretMaster: Thanks for the compliments, too. And I'm sure if you practise often enough you'll be able to draw just as well -- perhaps even better for all you know. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Moni 07-11-2002 06:43 AM

I have artist's pencils of all colors/hardness' and smudge sticks of all sizes...I love to draw. [img]smile.gif[/img]
One of my nieces has all of my "best" works framed and hanging in her house...various friends have others that were drawn with them in mind.
I really have to be "in the mood for it though", like all of my RL pastimes and hobbies, I may not pay them any attention for years and then all of a sudden go nuts on one for a while LOL. I most like to draw when I am sleep-deprived which is probably why I haven't been in the mood for it lately...I've been getting way too much sleep lol.

I have been painting a lot lately though and enjoying it...simple stuff like small but detailed garden scenes on my new watercans and some 3-dimensional figures (frogs, birds, squirrels...all garden decorations...oh yeah, and an angel for KHaN's grandma...I can't quite get the color I want in her gown though lol).

[ 07-11-2002, 06:44 AM: Message edited by: Moni ]