Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Woo Hoo! Apparently I'm honourable now! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92280)

The Hierophant 11-19-2004 03:47 AM

Sweeeeeet! I just got an email from my dissertation supervisor saying that my grade average for my honours year in History/Classics was 80%, which means I graduate with a first class honours Bachelor degree in History and Classics. So basically I get a little '(hons)' beside my name on the piece of cardboard they'll give me at the grad ceremony. Bonus! I'm a happy chappy I tells ya! I should hopefully graduate again next year with another Bachelor in English. Then it's off to teach English in Japan. Right on!

OK, I'll quit my ranting now.
CHeers.

Later ya'all!

Calagari 11-19-2004 04:01 AM

Congratulations! It soulnds like you have worked hard to get there.

Quote:

Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Sweeeeeet! I just got an email from my dissertation supervisor saying that my grade average for my honours year in History/Classics was 80%, which means I graduate with a first class honours Bachelor degree in History and Classics. So basically I get a little '(hons)' beside my name on the piece of cardboard they'll give me at the grad ceremony. Bonus! I'm a happy chappy I tells ya! I should hopefully graduate again next year with another Bachelor in English. Then it's off to teach English in Japan. Right on!

OK, I'll quit my ranting now.
CHeers.

Later ya'all!

Hivetyrant 11-19-2004 04:10 AM

Wow!! Thats great news.
Well done, I hope your efforts paid off.

Arledrian 11-19-2004 04:14 AM

That's awesome news Aaron. Enjoy the future and the sense of achievement you're feeling right now. All the best for what's to come.

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 11-19-2004 05:22 AM

Great work! I sort of know what it's like. Our DM has not been able to play for a couple of monthe now since he has to read 2-3 books a week for his English classes. At least it will be over soon!

Vaskez 11-19-2004 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Calagari:
Congratulations! It soulnds like you have worked hard to get there.

What are you basing this on? The course could be piss easy to get 80% on, or Hiero could be brainy boffin bastard, and in both those cases he would not have had to work hard [img]tongue.gif[/img] :D

Vaskez 11-19-2004 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
Wow!! Thats great news.
Well done, I hope your efforts paid off.

There's no need for hoping, or did you miss the fact that his account of his supervisor's email was in past tense? [img]tongue.gif[/img] :D

Calaethis Dragonsbane 11-19-2004 06:40 AM

congrats [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Hierophant 11-19-2004 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vaskez:
What are you basing this on? The course could be piss easy to get 80% on, or Hiero could be brainy boffin bastard, and in both those cases he would not have had to work hard [img]tongue.gif[/img] :D
Haha, it was a bit o' both uncle Vask ;)

By the way, how are you feeling now that you're all grown up and graduated? Whatcha been upta?

[ 11-19-2004, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]

Vaskez 11-19-2004 07:21 AM

I had a nice 4 month break in which I did crap all except for a long hike in the Pyrenees and a month pissing about in Budapest.

At the beginning of October I moved to a different town to go to a different uni to start my PhD in mobile ad hoc networking. Now I'm doing crap all under the umbrella of doing a PhD and getting paid for it :D j/k, but it has been slow to get started, since there's so many tools to learn to use and too much reading to do.