Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   "Groan, not another poll in General discussion" I hear you say but I'm curious. (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79672)

Sigmar 06-20-2002 02:41 PM

How many people actually check for PMs on a regular basis? It goes without saying that when you send someone something you want them to see and reply to quickly no one wants to go disrupting a thread to do so, it defeats the point sometimes. So I ask you how many people check their inbox on a regular basis? (Call me a hypocrite if you will but I never do, unless I have recently sent a PM to someone else".

[ 06-20-2002, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]

khazadman 06-20-2002 02:47 PM

o only check when i remember to.think i'll check it now. :D

Lord Shield 06-20-2002 02:52 PM

no neeed. I have it set to e-mail me when one is sent

Attalus 06-20-2002 02:54 PM

I tried to have it set to e-mail me, but it won't accept my e-mail address, so I only check sporadiclly.

Dundee Slaytern 06-20-2002 02:56 PM

I have set my preferences to send me an e-mail if I ever get a private message. This combined with MSN Messenger, means that I more or less know when I get a private message when I log on, or when I am logged on the Internet.

So I have no need to check it daily.

Sir Exxon 06-20-2002 02:56 PM

<font color="gold">I have set it to notify me via mail when I get a PM... [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>

SomeGuy 06-20-2002 03:01 PM

<font color=teal>I do the same thing as LS and Sir Exxon.
</font>

uss 06-20-2002 03:02 PM

hey, this is the wrong place for a poll! put it in the "user created poll" forum! this is absolutely the wrong place for a poll! do NOT make a poll here! Polls are not allowed! Move it before more whiners see it!

if people whine about my polls in GD(and they do. alot.), i whine about theirs too.

anyway, i voted for NO because i dont send/receive much PMs.

johnny 06-20-2002 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
<font color="gold">I have set it to notify me via mail when I get a PM... [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>
Same here.

uss 06-20-2002 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sigmar:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by uss:
hey, this is the wrong place for a poll! put it in the "user created poll" forum! this is absolutely the wrong place for a poll! do NOT make a poll here! Polls are not allowed! Move it before more whiners see it!

if people whine about my polls in GD(and they do. alot.), i whine about theirs too.

anyway, i voted for NO because i dont send/receive much PMs.

USS I understand that you think I am acting hypocritical by posting this poll but I am curious about members who visit the general discussions forum (check your PMs btw).I've already told you there I have told you to move your polls sometimes (once or twice seriously) but I have never picked on you specifically, I wasn't doing it to be mean,I was trying to help you.</font>[/QUOTE]thats ok, Sigmar.
mostly, the reason why people make polls is that theyre curious(including me, when i made my only two polls) so that means that your excuse wasnt all that important.
i know that in my poll you semi-whined very nicely and unoffensively but i just whined like a total bastard, and im sorry for that. i love to whine, accuse and offend people. a true nutcase, am i ;) .

btw, i just replied to your PM.