Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The Anti-Society Society (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10177)

Angelousss 10-29-2002 12:48 PM

Welcome to the birth of the Anti-Society Society. If your tired of groups and societies I am here for your plight. To bad you can't join because we are anti society(which i think is implied by the name but am rititerating just in case) we(actually just me) are not accepting new memebers and never will. In fact i'm not even a member.
Thank you for your time and remeber that just becuase your pc is a god doesn't mean you are.

Kaltia 10-29-2002 12:51 PM

I should have known resurrecting the Anti-Anomen society (whoch, btw, is an OLD one) would cause most of the newer members to create others. the only BG ones that should really be here are the Aerie-loving sacred Band, The kentucky fried Avariel (or Aerie, keldorn's Order, the Anti-Anomen, and possibly Jerr's NPC defender force. All five are established and old with many members. i apologise if it looked to the newer members like I was just creating one. i wasn't. I was RESURRECTING a near-antique society.
Rant off.
Thanks for bringing this up Angelouss.

[ 10-29-2002, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Kaltia ]

Calaethis Dragonsbane 10-29-2002 12:52 PM

LOL, isnt this spam? [img]tongue.gif[/img] hehehehehe. but you DO have a point there HAVE been a lot of these societies started up recently... *looks disaprovingly at Kat* I can understand the Anti Anomen society, its been around a while, but these others... bah. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

*edit, drat, you posted before me Kat ;)

[ 10-29-2002, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]

Angelousss 10-29-2002 12:54 PM

i realize anti anomen has been around for awhile but do we need a group or even a thread for every Npc. When I first read the Aerie thread i thought it was a joke.

Angelousss 10-29-2002 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
LOL, isnt this spam? [img]tongue.gif[/img] hehehehehe. but you DO have a point there HAVE been a lot of these societies started up recently... *looks disaprovingly at Kat* I can understand the Anti Anomen society, its been around a while, but these others... bah. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

*edit, drat, you posted before me Kat ;)

This is a joke. It's entertainment and hopefully has a message for npc love/hate brigade. It entertained you (see lol) and therefore served it's purpose.

Kaltia 10-29-2002 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Angelousss:
i realize anti anomen has been around for awhile but do we need a group or even a thread for every Npc. When I first read the Aerie thread i thought it was a joke.
Yes, i have been wondering if we need quite so many. All the pro-whatever groups should join into jerr's NPC defender group. that's what it's for, am i right? (Probably not, but that's Jerr's brigade [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Dundee Slaytern 10-29-2002 01:00 PM

On another forum where I reside, there is an extreme number of societies( which can easily outnumber all the societies in Ironworks combined :eek: ).

One fine day, a member cried enough is enough, and half-jokingly created the Anti-Society Society. The acroymn was ASS, and he revelled in the pun and paradox of the mission statement of the society.

It has long since disbanded though. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Mainly because nobody was willing to say that they were an ASS member. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Calaethis Dragonsbane 10-29-2002 01:01 PM

heh. s'pose. It DOES seem to have gone over the top tho, and this latest thing... [img]tongue.gif[/img] hehe, well, this tops it ALL [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol. ;)

Kaltia 10-29-2002 01:01 PM

LOL! I can see their point, Dundee...and I'm shameless, I'm willing to say "I'm a member of ASS!"

Angelousss 10-29-2002 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kaltia:
Yes, i have been wondering if we need quite so many. All the pro-whatever groups should join into jerr's NPC defender group. that's what it's for, am i right? (Probably not, but that's Jerr's brigade [img]tongue.gif[/img] )[/QUOTE] or maybe they could just post when someone attacks their npc and not try to form a group of like minded people.
Be An Indivdual
ooo I think The Anti-Society Society has a motto/mission Statement