Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   How long to keep Jaheira? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48970)

Ronn 11-26-2000 10:10 PM

I dropped Jaheira early on. When I finally made it to the docks, there she is infront of the Harper's Hold! I added her ran her mission up to and including her being leaving Harper's believing they're wrong. Begining Chapter 4 I dropped her again to pick up Valygar again ( I have 3 of my own characters ).

She tells me to meet her at Harper's Hold, and just to test it I did(after saving). She complains if I don't add her back telling me we have to resolve this with Harper's, but no one is in Harper's hold(we've already fought that battle). I don't like her and don't want her if I don't need her.

Do I need her for anything else? In my current game, I didn't meet her again for second trip to Harper's Hold, so she's still waiting.

I'm trying to pick up all extra characters for their missions, but I think I've finished her's, so is there anything else with Jaheira?

The only NPC I haven't used is Aerea.

Darkwind 11-26-2000 10:28 PM

*small spoilage*

There is more. It goes past her believing they were wrong; she actually reconciles with them, and becomes a harper again

You get a nice pin for it, too

The.Relic 11-27-2000 12:05 AM

I don't know why so many people dislike Jaheira, she's one of the best all purpose NPC's in the game. I have her AC down to -9, with a +2 Scimitar, throw a girdle of Giant Strenth on her and she can tank with the best of them. She is fantastic at range, I bought her the sling +5, which is one of the few ranged weopons that can damage all those nasty bosses, like Dragons etcetera. Her albeit limited spell casting ability makes her extremely versatile.

Armisael 11-27-2000 02:31 AM

Yes. Jaheira is one of the best NPCs in the game. I've said it before and I'll continue saying it until every disbeliever on this board has it nailed firmly into their skull. : P

Memnoch 11-27-2000 03:11 AM

It's because Jaheira wasn't much in BG1 but in BG2 you can really deck her out. Her attitude has improved out of sight as well.

The.Relic 11-27-2000 10:39 AM

Heh, Viconia can be a real witch too, sometimes more so but you don't see to many people complaining about her attitude.... hmmmm.... I wonder if there is something about her that makes people willing to put up with her
I really enjoy Jaheira in BG2, and I enjoyed her in BG as well. Heh, I finally had her disappear in the night, and that guy gave me the note he found blowing in the wind. Hmmm.
When I went after her she says "What are you doing here? You magnificent bastard, I'd kill you for following me, if I weren't so glad to see you"! I mean come on, that's classic.

Memnoch 11-27-2000 01:04 PM

That's because Viconia is a bad girl and everyone wants one of those. Plus her portrait is pretty hot, you have to admit.

ironfist 11-27-2000 01:16 PM

Jaheira is the most hot, beautiful and useful female npc in the game,
no doubt about that!

Ions 11-27-2000 01:27 PM

Come on folks thats like saying Minnie Mouse or any of the female disney chrs are hot!!!

The reason I dont like J is simple she has an annoying voice and is a neutral. She cant make up her mind. Besides that I dont want her hitting on me. I would much rather go for Korgan!

Lora 11-27-2000 01:42 PM

Can Jaheira win the druid contest?