Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Beating Firkraag? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59242)

Sir ReGiN 11-23-2001 07:52 AM

Okay, here's the deal:

I'm soloing as a cavalier and I am know at level 18.
I have just got a ToB special ability (chose Deva).
I have two slots in two-handed weapon style, two in two-handed sword, two in long sword, two in sword and shield, one in axe and one in war hammer.
I currently use these weapon the most:
Lilarcor
Daystar
Mace of disruption+2
Flail of ages

When I use shields, I mostly use:
Shield of Balduran
Fortress shield
Shield of reflection
Shield of the lost

I have the genie bottle and spider figurine.

~phew~ that should cover it [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now to the question
Would it be possible to beat Firkraag with these stats?
And if it would, how?

Sir Exxon 11-23-2001 08:49 AM

You can absolutly beat him.
Equip your cavalier with daystar and shield of the lost.
Summon both a genie and the spider.
Do this, and you should'nt have so much problem with him.

see ya!

Sir ReGiN 11-23-2001 09:04 AM

Well, I tried it and it worked!
It actually was very much easier than I thought.
Thanks Ex, for the tip ;) [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

But when I had beat him, I experienced another little problem..
I was sure you could use Red Dragon Armour and ring of protection+2, at the same time..but I can't!
Is this a bug??
This is very annoying, since I could then use an ordinary full plate and the ring, and thereby get +2 to my saving throws..
But I wan't to use the red dragon armour.. :(

Sir Exxon 11-23-2001 09:09 AM

No problem, ReGiN!

SPOILER
The ring must be identifyed, and the armour has to be made. Go to Cromwell in the docks district, pay him 7500 or so, and he will make the armour for you.

see ya!

Sir ReGiN 11-23-2001 09:15 AM

Eeeh :confused: ..I don't think you understood my question...
I have the armour made, and I have the ring..the thing is, in my experience you could equip both of them at the same time..but now I can't.
And I'm pretty sure I could have them both at the same time before...
So I'm wondering if I've encountered a bug now, or before..

Melusine 11-23-2001 09:16 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sir Exxon:

The ring must be identifyed, and the armour has to be made. Go to Cromwell in the docks district, pay him 7500 or so, and he will make the armour for you.

see ya!
<hr></blockquote>

No, what he's asking is AFTER he identified and made all the items, of course [img]smile.gif[/img] , if he can wear them simultaneously.
I noticed this too Regin, and I think I know what causes it. Do you have TOB installed? In my game it used to be possible to combine dragon armour and protection rings/cloaks as well. This is because technically, it isn't enchanted armour. However, I think that once you install TOB they've disabled this option, probably because they thought it would make you too powerful. :( It's a shame but I'm a afraid that's what's the problem. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Melusine 11-23-2001 09:17 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sir ReGiN:
Eeeh :confused: ..I don't think you understood my question...
I have the armour made, and I have the ring..the thing is, in my experience you could equip both of them at the same time..but now I can't.
And I'm pretty sure I could have them both at the same time before...
So I'm wondering if I'va encountered a bug now, or before..
<hr></blockquote>

LOL... posted at the same time.
Ex, you really need to read the questions more carefully, mate! That's the third time today... ;) :D

Sir ReGiN 11-23-2001 09:20 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Melusine:

No, what he's asking is AFTER he identified and made all the items, of course [img]smile.gif[/img] , if he can wear them simultaneously.
I noticed this too Regin, and I think I know what causes it. Do you have TOB installed? In my game it used to be possible to combine dragon armour and protection rings/cloaks as well. This is because technically, it isn't enchanted armour. However, I think that once you install TOB they've disabled this option, probably because they thought it would make you too powerful. :( It's a shame but I'm a afraid that's what's the problem. [img]smile.gif[/img]
<hr></blockquote>

(I didn't see your answer until I had already answered Exxon, so don't think I ignored you [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Hmm..okay :(
That's bad news...
Well, I guess I just have to move on..and have the ordinary full plate and the ring for awhile..

Thanks for the answeres both of you!
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Sir ReGiN 11-23-2001 09:21 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Melusine:

LOL... posted at the same time.
Ex, you really need to read the questions more carefully, mate! That's the third time today... ;) :D
<hr></blockquote>

Oooh.. Mel...you beat me to it again :D

Melusine 11-23-2001 09:26 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sir ReGiN:

Oooh.. Mel...you beat me to it again :D
<hr></blockquote>

Damn I'm fast [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
hehe ;)