Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Trademeet Side Quest (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58752)

Trake 11-07-2001 04:29 PM

Hello Everyone, it's me again. I really appreciate all the help that the people here have given me so far. This game is so great, and I'm only just starting to crack it's outer shell. I've another question for you. This is about the Trademeet Sidequest. In the City Gates district of Athkatla, you meet someone who wll direct you to trademeet because they are being attacked by animals. So I went and I defeated the Shadow Druid and the animals halted their attacks. THen the mayor of Trademeet asks me to Get rid of the Genies. The genies want some shapeshifter or something like that. HOw do I find him or how do I make them go away? Any help or hints would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Trake

The.Relic 11-07-2001 04:37 PM

P
A
R
T
I
A
L
S
P
O
I
L
E
R.
You need to take Cernd into your party or at least accept the offer to solve his problem to have the Druid Grove opened up on your world map. He is in the underground jail in Trademeet, you should have had a discussion about him there. The shapeshifter you are looking for is somewhere in the Druid Grove, don't want to give out too many details 8)

AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe 11-07-2001 07:30 PM

apoiler

Trake just murder the blasted genies. they are a pain anyways, and it not like you lose any rep points. just walk into the tent and kill the leader. the rest will teleport out of there if you kill the leader. he's not even that tough either. i killed him in about 10 seconds with about a 11-12 level party

AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe 11-07-2001 07:32 PM

ohh yeah and if i havent said it you yet
WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!

Mitro Jellywadder 11-07-2001 11:27 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
apoiler

Trake just murder the blasted genies. they are a pain anyways, and it not like you lose any rep points. just walk into the tent and kill the leader. the rest will teleport out of there if you kill the leader. he's not even that tough either. i killed him in about 10 seconds with about a 11-12 level party
<hr></blockquote>

Before you kill the leader inside...make sure to pickpocket (or kill) the guy outside. He has a nice item on him.

Hayashi 11-07-2001 11:43 PM

Since you've already solved the animal troubles of Trademeet, you don't need Cernd anymore (although there is a Cernd-specific quest).

Have you talked to the genies about their embargo? They want something so that they'll end the blockade. Then go aover the druid grove and look for that person the genie wants dealt with.
Spoiler

There's a house in the NE corner of the druid grove map. Enter it and the sahpeshifter is there - disguised of course. Deal with her and bring an item back to the genies. They'll leave.

Trake 11-07-2001 11:46 PM

THanks to all for your help! I got it figured out. I did however, forget to pickpocket/kill the genie outside to see what item he had on him. Will this effect me negatively at all? Just curious.

Trake

Hayashi 11-07-2001 11:48 PM

The item isn't important to the completion of the game, but useful nonetheless. It's a bottle of efreeti summoning, which summons an efreeti once per day.