Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Question about Resting (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62767)

Trinity 10-10-2002 04:42 PM

Ok, so I'm a newbie....I apologize in advance for this silly question. I don't know how to "rest" unless I'm out in the wilderness. When I rent a bed/room and try to rest, it give me the "resting here is illegal" and I just paid for the room. I don't get it... =(

I'm probably missing something very basic--i don't even know how to sneak...lol

johnny 10-10-2002 04:52 PM

You can rest when you're outside the walls of a town, no problem. Or do you mean you want to let the time go buy really fast ? In that case just click the option "wait". Your char won't be healed that way, but time moves on if that's what you want. Btw, welcome to I....um... Escapeforums. :D [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

johnny 10-10-2002 04:57 PM

Oops, i completely misread your post. Your problem sounds like a bug, once you've paid for the room you should be able to rest in the room appointed to you. Only other thing i can come up with is that you're in the wrong room, one that belongs to someone else, but that just sounds ridiculous. So i'd say it's a bug.

Fljotsdale 10-10-2002 05:31 PM

Put your cursor on the bed. Press spacebar. Click on 'rest until healed' or adjust to the number of hours you want to sleep. That should do it. :D

Oh - and you sneak by holding down Control while walking forwards.

You will find all this info in your game manual. Page 41 for Resting - only it doesn't actually tell you to use spacebar! It's a pretty rubbishy manual - and page 4 shows the keys for the movements.

[ 10-10-2002, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Fljotsdale ]

Trinity 10-10-2002 11:06 PM

Thanks Johnny and Fljotdale...I'll give the "rest" a try. If it is a bug, Johnny, what patch do you suggest I download? And Fljotdale, guess I should read the mannual...lol...i just get too anxious to play and figure that I'll figure it out as I go along...yet in my anxiousness, I've managed to lose my manual..
=( --->dork

Thanks for all your help!

=)

Trinity

Chris77Se 10-11-2002 07:39 AM

When you rent a room, there is always a room with a door in the inn, which is labelel "unlocked". This is your room. If you rest in another romm, you will get problems.

Chris

Rageheart 10-11-2002 04:03 PM

I hate Inns cuz i don't like sleeping in the mangy beds there. Rooms are free at the temples.

johnny 10-11-2002 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Trinity:
Thanks Johnny and Fljotdale...I'll give the "rest" a try. If it is a bug, Johnny, what patch do you suggest I download? And Fljotdale, guess I should read the mannual...lol...i just get too anxious to play and figure that I'll figure it out as I go along...yet in my anxiousness, I've managed to lose my manual..
=( --->dork

Thanks for all your help!

=)

Trinity

Check out www.morrowindfiles.com maybe you can find usefull tips about that problem there. But so far i've never heard about a bug that doesn't allow you to rest in an inn. But hey... you never know, so check it out. Good luck.

Fljotsdale 10-12-2002 06:42 AM

Not accusing YOU, Trinity, just a general comment - but anyone who has a pirated game will find lots of strange bugs, judging by the number of posts I've read in other forums!

johnny 10-12-2002 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Not accusing YOU, Trinity, just a general comment - but anyone who has a pirated game will find lots of strange bugs, judging by the number of posts I've read in other forums!
Legal copies are not flawless either, just my 2 cents. :D