Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Neverwinter (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102347)

Garnet FalconDance 05-02-2013 04:17 PM

Neverwinter

Anyone trying out the new Neverwinter? My guild is in --- and it's quite a lovely game. Wonderful to see the "old" spots like the Moonstone Mask and Amn.

Ziroc 05-02-2013 05:10 PM

Re: Neverwinter

Oh! nice! I must download.. been so busy.. dying to try it out!! looks amazing!!

Garnet FalconDance 05-02-2013 07:16 PM

........and what about

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziroc (Post 1249243)
Oh! nice! I must download.. been so busy.. dying to try it out!! looks amazing!!

It is, Z. It is the game DDO should have been and GW2 *wanted* to be. (Both failed in several aspects, in my opinion.) I'm still in those games - and several others - but Neverwinter has now topped the list as a beautiful 'blast from the past'.

Anyone playing the Baldur's Gate re-do?

Shadow Stranger 05-02-2013 10:45 PM

BGEE, check out other sites like Gibberlings3, Pocket Plane Group, Sorceror's Place and Bioware Social. I get the impression that users find it adequate.

Ziroc 05-04-2013 01:39 AM

Re: ........and what about

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garnet FalconDance (Post 1249245)
It is, Z. It is the game DDO should have been and GW2 *wanted* to be. (Both failed in several aspects, in my opinion.) I'm still in those games - and several others - but Neverwinter has now topped the list as a beautiful 'blast from the past'.

Anyone playing the Baldur's Gate re-do?

GOOD!.. yeah, DDO was a major let down. :(

Watched some NWN MMO closed beta live-steams, and it was pretty nice even then!

I bought BGEE, and yeah, its much nicer--for new systems especially. Compatible, and they added some stuff (NPC's quests etc) and the add-on's are in there. It's cheap right now too I believe.
What I'm looking forward to is BG2 EE. loads more novel-tied stuff in the game, which I loved back then..

robertthebard 05-04-2013 02:12 PM

I got the BG thing too, and I'm going to have to get a magnifying glass to see what's going on, it was never meant to run at higher resolutions, and everything is tiny. /cry

I rather like DDO, but take it with a grain of salt, since it's set up to be an MMO, and couldn't really stick hardcore to the rules. As with any MMO though, the community makes the difference.

Oh, and "Hi Garnet".

Larry_OHF 05-05-2013 03:38 PM

I learned about this just today after seeing this https://register.perfectworld.com/nw_splash posted on CTRl+ALT+DEL and I rushed here to see if it was being talked about! I am glad to see Ironworks membership did not let me down! This might be what brings me back into the gaming community.

Garnet FalconDance 05-07-2013 10:33 AM

Well, you guys can look me up in-game as Lili BirchFlower. I'm one of the contacts for our guild, as well, should you be looking for one.

Right now, having a blast. Just too few hours in the day for real life and gaming, too. :(

robertthebard 05-07-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garnet FalconDance (Post 1249254)
Well, you guys can look me up in-game as Lili BirchFlower. I'm one of the contacts for our guild, as well, should you be looking for one.

Right now, having a blast. Just too few hours in the day for real life and gaming, too. :(

Which server are you on? I've only got about 8 hours in on the toon I made, and it's already almost 18, and I spent more time looking around than actually doing anything.

Ziroc 05-07-2013 11:25 PM

The ONLY thing I see as being bad (for the toolset in the game) is that you probably cannot insert awesome loot in the dungeons.. as bringing it outside the user made dungeons could unbalance the mmo.. (that, and gold or whatever coin they use).

So the STORY needs to be the focus in this event I guess..

It was weird, last year they were ready to release the single player, and at the last second, the said, nope, we're holding it back, and basically redoing the game into a MMO game.. Mod makers were confused as to how it would effect them. Kinda sucks in that dept. but the game overall may work.

Time will tell. (They DO need to add animation frames to the player characters.. running looks silly at times, but we're in beta.. that is a norm.. 'placeholders' are used until they fix the rest of the more pressing issues.

I also want to know what servers people are on!! We should all group up and do some runs.