Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Let's make a difference (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89220)

johnny 02-02-2004 04:05 AM

Who would be willing to contribute an amount of 10/20$ on a monthly basis, to tackle this respawning problem IW is having ?

I know there are lots of people who can't afford it, and that's okay, so please don't feel the need to make excuses for that in this thread, i understand. I'm looking for people who CAN and are willing to make a difference here. I'd figure if 15/20 people would commit themselves to this, until there is some sort of other solution perhaps, than Z wouldn't have to go around asking for donations all the time, and we can go to bed, knowing that IW will still be there in the morning.

So what say you ?

Melusine 02-02-2004 04:29 AM

I could do 10 on a two-monthly basis, if that's any good. Sorry, best I can do while still a student. If I can get a more secure job than this one, or get more security in the current one, 10 a month I can manage too.
No offense, but so far I've held that if I happened to have some money to spare each month, charities are a better cause than an internetforum for the relatively wealthy. ;) I monthly donate to several charities and always told myself that no matter how much I like this place here, it would feel weird to donate to something that's so luxury in comparison. But what the heck...
Only problem is I have no credit card and no paypal, but since I saw it was you who proposed this deal, maybe we could arrange something like me putting the money in your account (provided I can trust you enough not to buy beer from it ;) )

Cool you're making the effort, anyway, Johnny. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-02-2004, 04:32 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]

machinehead 02-02-2004 04:31 AM

Count me in.

johnny 02-02-2004 04:33 AM

Or do it like i did last time, the old fashioned way, by mail. Of course i had to pay a little extra (aangetekend), but at least i could be sure it would arrive safely.

Melusine 02-02-2004 04:35 AM

Yeah, I did that once for Dan's wedding. Still, that's a shame when I can only contribute so little, to have the mailing of it cost as much as the actual gift. If we could combine all people from the Netherlands who're willing to donate, though...

johnny 02-02-2004 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Melusine:
Yeah, I did that once for Dan's wedding. Still, that's a shame when I can only contribute so little, to have the mailing of it cost as much as the actual gift. If we could combine all people from the Netherlands who're willing to donate, though...
Good idea Mel, let's just wait and see if there's any more Dutchies willing to do this. You know how greedy we are. :D Or at least i keep hearing that. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 02-02-2004, 04:38 AM: Message edited by: johnny ]

Melusine 02-02-2004 04:42 AM

LOL, tell me about it. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I recruit members for Amnesty, so it's my *job* to convince the greedy little bastards to give some of their hard-earned cash to charity. :D
LOL, naw, I'm just being flippant now - we Dutch are actually pretty cool when it comes to donating. Not as good as some Scandinavian countries, for instance, but we're getting there. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, if we do this I'd actually propose one of us tries to use a creditcard and the others put the money in that person's account. Seems to me to be the cheapest way. If there's no one else, I could always ask Daddy for his. ;)

johnny 02-02-2004 04:50 AM

Fine with me, now let's wait and see what comes up.

Bozos of Bones 02-02-2004 05:07 AM

I'll start as soon as I get a credit card.

The Hierophant 02-02-2004 05:17 AM

Yeah man. Once I get a steady income coming in (in the next month or so) I'm keen for this too. I'm in the same boat as Mel, no credit card and no paypal. So I could mail some cash too I guess.