Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, October 6, 2007 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97988)

Cloudbringer 10-07-2007 12:42 PM

Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, October 6, 2007

Previous Cafe is here

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.

Cloudbringer 10-07-2007 12:44 PM

Re: Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, October 6, 2007

Hey all! It's time for some coffee, tea and chat! Where's Bungleau? His endless bowl of M & M's is running over! :D

Dragonshadow 10-07-2007 01:36 PM

Yaye, another cafe.

Kyrvias 10-07-2007 02:30 PM

Huzzah?

Well, I finally managed to get a gig for my Jazz band. Performing for a small cafe/poetry corner type of place. Going to be... interesting, to say the least.

Bungleau 10-07-2007 07:53 PM

I'll take care of that bowl, Ma'am :D Never met the M&M I didn't like... to eat ;) Except maybe the rice krispie ones... those never did much for me :nono:

Congrats on the gig, Kyrvias! Any gig is a good gig, to be sure. Which part of the world are you in?

I spent yesterday cutting things down, getting rid of lots of old shrubbery and trees. Today, we went to the beach! Quite rare for Michigan in October, but enjoy it we did :D It was a dog-friendly beach, so we brought the mutt... he had a blast running and swimming in the lake.

Now... recovery time. :sleeping:

Kyrvias 10-07-2007 10:04 PM

In the "Always Rainy" state of Washington, far north west. Great for me, because most people have nothing better to do, due to the rain, than sit and watch me play piano/alto sax.

:D

Bungleau 10-07-2007 10:44 PM

I've been to Seattle several times and Walla Walla once. Drove over the Tacoma Narrows bridge once, just to say that I had. Yes, it's a frustrating life on the road some times ;)

A very nice area, in spite of the wet weather.

Eagle eye 10-08-2007 04:10 AM

Oh I'd give anything to be away from here. One of you guys gotta take me with you next time.. The place has been shrouded with a dark cloud after our World Cup defeat; the team is being degraded and criticised all through the paper, and people are destroying cars and burning flags. It's quite sickening how some people react.

On an almost equally unpleasant note(sorry for being the one to start the grumbling) exams are starting tomorrow :( Once again I will be go in being horribly under-prepared and just scrape through. But even though it seems I have been the bearer of bad news recently, all is well in my neck of the woods, and hopefully the sun'll come out in a few days(we've had some really shoddy weather forecasts.)

DrowArchmage 10-09-2007 06:53 PM

Yea. I went to homecoming with a pretty one!! Not one for intelligent conversation, yet great eye candy and i totally won 20 bucks. I bet my buddy that my date would be prettier than his. I know its cruel, but i was running low on gas money and i didnt get my check till the next day.

Kyrvias 10-09-2007 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrowArchmage (Post 1191642)
Yea. I went to homecoming with a pretty one!! Not one for intelligent conversation, yet great eye candy and i totally won 20 bucks. I bet my buddy that my date would be prettier than his. I know its cruel, but i was running low on gas money and i didnt get my check till the next day.

Damn Gina, that's cliche. heh. My town's homecoming is coming up this weekend, I believe.