Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Euro 2004 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90297)

Rataxes 06-14-2004 05:30 PM

Really, do try to stay on topic...

[ 06-14-2004, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]

Vaskez 06-14-2004 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rataxes:
Really, do try to stay on topic...
You can't talk, your previous post went off into the realm of bullsh1t [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Stratos 06-14-2004 06:35 PM

Sweden 5-0 Bulgaria! :D

johnny 06-14-2004 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stratos:
Sweden 5-0 Bulgaria! :D
So what else is new ? :D

johnny 06-15-2004 03:31 PM

Holland is looking absolutely horrible right now. In his never ending wisdom Advocaat decided to start without a midfield, WTF is he thinking ?

If they don't replace three players RIGHT NOW, we'll lose this one with 2-0 or 3-0. Cocu, v Bronckhorst, and Zenden need to go, Makaay, Overmars, and Sneijder need to come in.

Link 06-15-2004 04:56 PM

And in the end it was a draw after all: Netherlands - Germany -- 1 - 1. Too bad I lost my money; I had betted on a 2-1 victory for Germany, with a 1-0 score in favour of Germany at half-time, the first goal being scored in the 28th minute. I was close ;)

johnny 06-15-2004 05:02 PM

Sheesh, i knew this team isn't as good as it used to be, but it has gone from bad to worse. Saturday come the Czechs, i don't think this is gonna be a happy ending for us.

Our defense is an absolute joke, they look amateuristic at times.

Arledrian 06-15-2004 05:43 PM

Yeah, Advocaat messed things up. He experiments far too much when it's the result that really matters. I would've played this team:

.......................v.d. Sar

Heitinga.....F. de Boer.....Stam.....Bouma

Sneijder.........Davids.........Overmars

................v.d. Vaart

..........Makaay....v. Nistelrooij

Then once you've made a couple goals you can chill out and let guys like v. Bronckhorst and Zenden come in for the last 15 minutes, but definitely not beforehand.

[ 06-15-2004, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: Arledrian ]

johnny 06-15-2004 06:41 PM

In all honesty, guys like Zenden, v Bronckhorst, and also Bosvelt, shouldn't even be in Portugal to begin with. Zenden can only run fast, but has absolutely no technical skills. He never gets passed his defender, let alone give a decent crosspass. He has been playing as a defender the last two years, because of his speed, and now all of a sudden they switch him back in the role of winger. Choices i absolutely cannot understand. There's younger, much more talented players available, but they were left at home, another incredible mistake.

I don't think we'll be seeing him again though, Overmars still has more potential in his old days than Zenden ever had. V Nistelrooy all alone up front was a mistake too, especially against a team that's afraid to go on the offensive, like Germany. Why field 4 defenders when the opponent only has one targetman ?

Advocaat has made mistake upon mistake in the last few weeks, but he doesn't seem to learn from it.

Rataxes 06-15-2004 06:55 PM

Boring game overall. Thumbs up for Nistelrooijs spectacular goal though.