Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, August 15, 2005 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94052)

Cloudbringer 08-15-2005 03:12 PM

Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
the previous thread is here:

<H2><font color="plum">Cloudy's Cafe</font></H2>

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

<H3>this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone</H3>

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

<font color="pink">The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.</font>

[ 08-15-2005, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]

Sir Goulum 08-15-2005 03:14 PM

Well...er... ok. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I guess I'll just move over to this one then. ;)

Moving, in one word, sucks. [img]tongue.gif[/img] At least I'm finished

Cloudbringer 08-15-2005 03:14 PM

<H1> <font color="plum"> PLEASE NOTE </font></H1>

This is a modified reminder that I've posted before in reply to someone asking "can we spam the cafe". It still holds true, so I'm going to repeat it periodically for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Read the first post of the thread, it's NOT a spam zone. If you want to discuss you grades, a problem with a teacher,the weather, your neighbor's new car etc.....etc.. (real life conversations) this is the place. I don't mind a SMALL amount of spam but when the Cafe gets to be 8 pages in one day and it's all one liner pure spam, I have to ask people not to do it because most of the members who would come to talk about their day or things that they want advice or sympathy or cheers on, will not post in that atmosphere. I want you to be comfy here, but not at the expense of other members.

So the answer is NO, I don't want to see page after page of roleplay spam or one liner spamfests that could be done on msn or aim etc. because our goal is to TALK WITH one another , not fill up a cafe in five hours. ;)

Cloudbringer 08-15-2005 03:17 PM

Moving, huh? I hear you, Sir G! It's not fun packing up everything, trucking it somewhere else and then having to unpack it all again! It's especially bad in University since you often do it more than once in a few years.

Amazing how much junk one can accumulate too!

Sir Goulum 08-15-2005 03:20 PM

We happen to be moving again in 3 months though. [img]tongue.gif[/img] But hey, we are keeping on schedule of moving about ever 4 years. ;)

Q'alooaith 08-15-2005 03:33 PM

Well look at it this way, you'll get less junk mail directed at you, hopefully.

Hope nothing got broken in the move, and so on.

In other news I got offered application forms for a couple of jobs, yup I asked about vacancys and just got given application forms, from two places that have told people I know to just bring a CV in.

Yup, seams I come off as a good person to work behind a counter.

[ 08-15-2005, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Q'alooaith ]

Sir Goulum 08-15-2005 03:43 PM

I never get any mail... all for my parents. Bills and stuff. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Bungleau 08-15-2005 04:51 PM

When I moved into my first uni dorm room, it took a Chevy Chevette.

When I moved out just four months later, it took a 15-passenger van.

Amazing what you can collect... :D

And Q'alooaith, congrats on the job offers! It's amazing what happens when you're a good person in the right place at the right time... ;)

Q'alooaith 08-15-2005 05:24 PM

It was surprising when I went into Ann Summers, just to ask directions, and they said they'd have an opening soon and if I'd bring in a CV they'd contact me.

SomeGuy 08-15-2005 06:44 PM

Avast, everyone. Today starts the first full week of school, and the first day of full padded football practice. We've got a scrimage on Friday, which I think I may have mentioned in the last cafe. Anyway, it's against an unbeatable team of GIANTS OF DEATH (Well, they were giant when we played them in sixth grade!) and it's time for some revenge. I'm gonna bet they're not as huge as they used to be. Anyway, I just got finished with Algebra homework, and now I'm trying to memorize a five paragraph creed for my Ag Science class. Oh boy. Any advice on memorizing? I'm trying to memorize bits and pieces at a time at the moment.