Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Do You Smoke? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92619)

Lavindathar 12-28-2004 09:18 AM

<font color="cyan">I don't think I've even seen a topic like this in my last 5 years here, so I thought I'd find out.

I'm expecting the majority to say no, but I'm just wondering.

I don't want a debate on the health aspects, or anything. Just a simple yes or no!</font>

[ 12-28-2004, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: Lavindathar ]

Kestrel Daystar 12-28-2004 09:42 AM

Ack no! I can't stand smoking, or being around people who smoke. Its the one thing I make a sudden judgement on people when I first meet them. I dont care about appearances, how they seem, or anything like that, but if they smoke I am more inclined to dislike them.

However I do have friends who smoke, but I wish they wouldn't. For their health, and mine!

--Kestrel--

Lavindathar 12-28-2004 09:48 AM

<font color="cyan">Well, Kestrel, do you not think that makes you shallow?

Smoking, despite all its major flaws, is commonplace. It doesnt make you a bad person, it just means you have a different taste to others.

It is unhealthy, and it does kill, but disliking someone for it is shocking.

Although I was expecting the majority on here not to smoke, I wasnt expecting any shallow responses such as that.</font>

Mack_Attack 12-28-2004 09:51 AM

Iam not to sure that you can ask a question like this and not get some kind of debate. ;)

And no I do not smoke. And no I will not go any farther then this. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Lavindathar 12-28-2004 09:55 AM

<font color="cyan">I can not get a debate quite easily, I stated that in the first post.

I just want a yes or no to asses the trends....

I'd prefer it if voters stated their age, and location, and job, but I do not want a debate on the morals of the situation.
</font>

Kestrel Daystar 12-28-2004 10:07 AM

I know, I am shallow, but only in this aspect. And I didnt say I do dislike them, I said I am more inclined to dislike them.

I do respect that some people cant help it. It is an addiction afterall, but I have no time for people who smoke because they think it is 'cool'. That is shallow I know, but there is nothing cool about killing yourself, and others.

--Kestrel--

Stormymystic 12-28-2004 10:08 AM

yes, I somoke.

Bozos of Bones 12-28-2004 10:22 AM

Nope. Never will.
People who smoke? As long as you don't blow it in my face, all wil be OK.
18, Croatia

Xen 12-28-2004 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
Nope. Never will.
People who smoke? As long as you don't blow it in my face, all wil be OK.
18, Croatia

I second that. Also I don't drink, don't use drugs (I don't smoke marihuana). (Many people here at my age are doing all above and I am 17 years old)

Lady Sedai 12-28-2004 10:42 AM

I just quit again approximately 6 weeks to 2 months ago.

I'm 35, have mild asthma and am trying to get pregnant, so for those reasons (as well as the expense and longer term health goals), I felt it was time to let it go. ;)