Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   24, Season 3 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39801)

Azred 10-29-2003 12:07 AM

<font color = lightgreen>Ok, all you fans of Jack Bauer! Season 3 is here! [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]

Set three years after Season 2 ended, we have been introduced to the major players (as far as we know) and we know the overt plot: someone is threatening to release a lethal virus in Los Angeles.

If you haven't watched the other seasons, rent them. A most enjoyable dramatic series that takes place in real time (with the occassional commercial hiccup, but we'll forgive that for now).

In short, 24 gets [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img] </font>

GokuZool 10-29-2003 12:49 AM

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

IMO, 24 is/was the best TV show I've ever seen! I didn't watch season 1, but I watched every episode of season 2 and loved every minute of it.

Great viewing. [img]smile.gif[/img]

SPOILER: (24, Season 2)

Do you think this lethal virus is the one that killed the president in the last series?

[ 10-29-2003, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: GokuZool ]

Azred 10-29-2003 01:15 AM

<font color = lightgreen>How do you know he's dead? Did you see him die? [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img]

You cannot take anything for granted when it comes to 24. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img] </font>

Deejax 10-29-2003 06:44 AM

I really, really, really liked the first series of 24.

I was somewhat disappointed with the huge and totally unrelated part young miss bauer (Elisha Cuthbert) played in the second series. I agree she is absolutely worth looking at ;) , but I would have liked that storyline scrapped. Certainly in favour of more Jack. That guy rules!

I'll probably have to wait a loooong time before it comes on the tele in the netherlands :(
Anyone knows whether it will be on the BBC (1 or 2), 'cause that's where I saw the first two series.

Azred 10-29-2003 02:54 PM

<font color = lightgreen>Kim wasn't unrelated; true, she didn't have anything specific to do with the...main plot...but she did save that little girl's life. Wasn't that important? Besides, part of the drama is in the fact that Jack must deal not only with out-of-control terrorists, but he must also worry about Kim at the same time. What good is a protagonist if he doesn't have a family member in trouble? [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img] </font>

Bozos of Bones 10-31-2003 12:56 PM

Here, where I live, they're broadcasting season 2. They have some 6-7 more episodes to go(Lynne just fell down the stairs, Yusuf got beat up, Jack escaped torture), and I truly hope that they'll buy off season 3 ASAP.

catzenpewters 11-05-2003 01:21 PM

I absolutely love 24 and have been addicted since the first show. So far season 3 hasn't gripped me as much as the previous two, but the previews of the 3rd episode look promising.

I heard a rumour that this is going to be 24's last season.

Azred 11-06-2003 12:28 AM

<font color = lightgreen>I wouldn't doubt. Your show can be groundbreaking only once. Besides, how many nail-biting plots can a team of creative writers devise? </font>

Bozos of Bones 11-06-2003 05:40 PM

Season 2 has just ended an hour ago on my local TV station. The ending is very cool and raises the need to watch season 3. Is the president dead, or is he just really, really bad?

SecretMaster 11-09-2003 02:43 PM

Palmer didn't die, he just got severly injured. And I have so many questions. I don't think its the same virus that was used against palmer, because the medic doctor lady said that this pneumonic type 3 virus kills extraordinarly fast, so palmer woulda been dead.

But if it was, maybe it was the virus in the testing stages; it has been 3 years later. But then what is the connection between these two seasons then? And why was Palmer targeted after the whole showdown in the end of season2.

Concerning season 3, the previews for the third episode are really enticing. But really, ask yourself this... SPOILER AHEAD!
!
!!
!
!!
!!
!
!
!
!
!
If a federal agent stormed into your house in hazmat suit, looking for the cocaine, how stupid can a person be to then open the bag, and dump it into the toilet, after the agent repeatedly screams "Drop the bag, do not open it!" I mean really, how idotic could you be?