Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Book of Infinite Spells (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53091)

ChemX 05-06-2001 10:08 PM

I recently acquired the book of infinite spells and I was wondering how the best way to handle it would be, as far as turning the pages. Is anyone familiar with this item and does anyone know the most powerful spell that can be turned to in the book?

Tarinoc 05-06-2001 10:10 PM

If you flip it 3 times you can get time stop...

Ha... no... no... you can't can you? No... drat. I have no idea, really, however, I am about to test mine, so I'll let you know what results I get. If you would do the same, and post them, we can compare.

Tarinoc 05-06-2001 10:14 PM

Okay.. it started as fireball... then went to farsight, wyvern call (pretty good), then burning hands was the last page... bleh. I will post my second test in a minute.

Tarinoc 05-06-2001 10:19 PM

Apparently the number of pages is random. This time I got 8 spells instead of 3. But, none were anything notable: in order: true seeing, protection from evil, wyvern call, lightning bolt, true seeing again, protection from evil again, lightning bolt again, then burning hands finally. I think I'll do one more... What my suggestion would be for you, is to find something you like, then flip the pages and keep loading until you get it.

Tarinoc 05-06-2001 10:20 PM

HA! The next try all I got was burning hands... It went from first page fireball, to last page burning hands. So far, it has only ended in burning hands for me.

Tarinoc 05-06-2001 10:23 PM

Wow... I got spell turning. That could be a keeper. But I'm going to do some more testing even still. It lasts the same as the spell (3 rounds/level)... heh... nice to put on a fighter.

ChemX 05-06-2001 10:27 PM

Well Tarinoc, I think this book is about as random as it gets...mine so far has gone: Fire ball, Farsight, Protection from Evil, Farsight, True Seeing, Stinking Cloud, Stinking Cloud, Fireball, ...yep my one book has gone in circles.

Tarinoc 05-06-2001 10:27 PM

I think the last spell is always burning hands. I got it as my final one again. I havne't gotten anything new yet... although, it may be possible to get something better. Unless I get something good in the next 5 minutes, I'll think I'll stick with spell turning.

ChemX 05-06-2001 10:31 PM

You may be right, i just got through my book, 8 spells in all, the last one was burning hands....the best one overall was either stinking cloud or invisibility.

Staralfur 05-07-2001 07:37 AM

When I used it there only seemed to be about 5 or 6 different spells in it, each from a different level, so yes it does go in circles. I guess that making it truly random was a bit difficult to implement. From what I can remember the highest level spell was spell turning.

[This message has been edited by Staralfur (edited 05-07-2001).]