Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dragon Age™ Origins (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Enchanting (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101192)

Aelia Jusa 11-27-2009 04:57 PM

Enchanting

Hey, I need help with enchanting. I have a lot of runes but when I ask the guy in camp to enchant something for me I don't have any items to enchant? Even though I have a number of non-enchanted weapons in my inventory. Are there only certain types of items that can be enchanted or do I need something else or something?

Also, I am confused by the achievements that get unlocked every now and then when I do something. Like when I finished the mage tower "mage sympathiser" was unlocked - what is this and what is it for? There's been a bunch of others that I can't remember as well.

Memnoch 11-27-2009 08:36 PM

Re: Enchanting

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aelia Jusa (Post 1235805)
Hey, I need help with enchanting. I have a lot of runes but when I ask the guy in camp to enchant something for me I don't have any items to enchant? Even though I have a number of non-enchanted weapons in my inventory. Are there only certain types of items that can be enchanted or do I need something else or something?

I thought you need to have a little box in the description of the item which is the "space" for the rune. I only have 4 of them that have that little rune box. You can then put whatever rune you want in there (and remove too) when you are with the 'chanter.

Quote:

Also, I am confused by the achievements that get unlocked every now and then when I do something. Like when I finished the mage tower "mage sympathiser" was unlocked - what is this and what is it for? There's been a bunch of others that I can't remember as well.
I think that's mainly a console thing. I always get that on my PS3 games. No idea what they're for.

Cloudbringer 11-27-2009 09:19 PM

I think he's right about the little 'box' in descriptions of the items. I had one sword with a space for a rune when I got the merchant at camp.

robertthebard 11-27-2009 11:05 PM

Weapons need to have a slot for runes for enchantment, they will appear in the upper box on the right.

I'm not sure what the achievement points are for.

Dundee Slaytern 11-28-2009 12:39 AM

Bragging Rights.

Sparhawk 11-28-2009 06:46 AM

Also the PC game has the updating *achievements* but it requires you to be logged in on the account while playing.

Timber Loftis 01-05-2010 12:40 PM

Enchantmunt?

Enchantmunt!!

Can I check my achievements in game?

robertthebard 01-05-2010 02:41 PM

Yeah, just go to your profile in the options menu.