Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, June 8,2009 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100822)

Cloudbringer 06-08-2009 11:04 PM

Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, June 8,2009

Previous Cafe is http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/...d.php?t=100728

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.

Cloudbringer 06-08-2009 11:06 PM

Re: Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, June 8,2009

Howdy all! Just getting the Cafe spruced up to start all fresh and clean in the wee hours tonight and tomorrow!

Happy beginning of the week to you all! We've got meatloaf and wine spritzers on the menu tomorrow...hey, I had leftover meatloaf and Bungleau is hogging the m&m dispenser so we couldn't make the chocolate chip-m&m cookies... :D

wellard 06-09-2009 04:31 AM

woweee! first - first post prize this year, how are you all today fellow Ironworkers? :heee:

wellard 06-09-2009 04:34 AM

meatloaf and wine spritzers hey, I look foreword to tasting your cooking Cloudy, See what Nacht has been enjoying these last few years. How are you both anyway?

Wolf Rider2 06-09-2009 06:51 AM

Bleargh, today was a bad day. Did not enjoy it at all. I want warm weather again...

Well, third isn't too bad, I suppose, though it is sort of second since Wellard posted twice...

Wolf Rider2 06-09-2009 06:53 AM

Ziroc's situation has become urgent. He needs money.

Bungleau 06-10-2009 02:16 PM

A new cafe... and I get to sneak in before Variol. Woohoo!

Wellard, git away from my Endless M&M Jar! I's feelin' a need...

Assist Ziroc, all who can. Even a buck or two makes a difference.

Dragonshadow 06-10-2009 04:48 PM

Evening all. How is everyone?

Wolf Rider2 06-11-2009 05:46 AM

I need another weekend already. Sick of cold weather. I think I may have been the only person in Australia who was actually happy when it was 43 degrees Celsius.

How is everybody else going?

Captain Obvious 06-12-2009 03:01 AM

Wolfrider, where in aussie are you? Here in Perth it is still nice! only getting down to about 3-6 at night! and up to late teens during the day!

Of course, I only moved here a month ago from NZ, where it is freezing at the moment, so I am loving this 'winter'.

However, when it is 43 degrees in summer i suggest keeping well away from me, unless you carry cold beers.

Agree with you on the weekend though - am clock watching something chronic! Going to do a night time tour of Fremantle prison tonight so that should be awesome!