Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Halo: Combat Evolved (PC) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65834)

Sir Krustin 10-18-2003 09:42 PM

Anyone else playing this? This ROCKS! Short load times and less lag than UT2k3.

Great single player storyline based on a Niven-style Ringworld.

Halo review at Tom's Hardware

Nanobyte 10-18-2003 10:16 PM

I've been playing it for close to the last 2 years! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously though, all these retailers are putting emphasis on the "added content," while a whole new game is coming out in about 5 months. Be happy with Halo, it's probably one of the best games I've ever played.

But Halo 2 will be better :D

[ 10-18-2003, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Nanobyte ]

Redblueflare 10-18-2003 11:31 PM

I'm looking forward to Halo 2, and I know Ian's been playing the PC version, which he just got, non-stop almost every day. He also keeps sending me these little comics he's making which show off the game more than they do make you laugh.

Here's the few he showed me:

Speaking of Ian, why haven't I seen any of his threads on here lateley? I havent talked to him in months.

GForce 10-19-2003 02:08 AM

Yeah. Halo rocks on Xbox as well. I've had for two years as well and keeping it. BTW Halo2 is due out next year. So sad :( for it to be that far off. Yet I do have the game reserved. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Zero Alpha 10-19-2003 06:03 AM

im really annoyed that halo on pc took this long. halo was originaly intended for pc, but microsoft bought bunjie just before release so that it could get halo and have at least one decent game on its wasteofspace-box. so after delibereatly delaying a pc release, and forcing the game to be ported and ported back, what we are left with is an old console port. thanks Bill, thats going to do wonders for microsofts image. :mad:

Nanobyte 10-19-2003 10:48 AM

Ah, who cares. Go buy an Xbox and get Halo 2, and be happy! :D

RoSs_bg2_rox 10-19-2003 10:57 AM

I dont have the game but my mate says that it is very addictive online. has anyone played online yet?

Zero Alpha 10-19-2003 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nanobyte:
seems a tad pointless. xbox only has two decent games, halo (stolen from pc) and splinter cell (which was better on pc). why would i go out and buy one? [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]

Sir Krustin 10-19-2003 11:18 AM

Xbox is a waste of money, it's an obsolete PC (800mhz P3 w/GeForce 2 video) with a monopolist trying to twist everybody's arm with restricted content - Halo is a perfect example.

And note that Halo on the PC is widely regarded as superior to the Xbox version - nothing I've seen yet beats the mouse/keyboard combo for a shooter. _And_ the Xbox version doesn't have internet play enabled.

And, yes, Splinter Cell is way better on the PC than the Xbox.

Oh, and don't forget the dedicated server app available for Halo/PC - anyone can start a server. There's also a private server patch out there.

[ 10-19-2003, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Sir Krustin ]

GForce 10-19-2003 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nanobyte:
So true. Everyone get on the X-Train. Toot toot! And for the naysayers, Halo2 WILL be online. According to the game developers, it will be war. (not real of course) :D Hey! Take your pick of versions: PC or Xbox. IT'S ALL GOOD. Just have fun and stop dissing the Xbox please. I love my Xbox. It has feelings you know. ;)