Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   World cup (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101516)

wellard 06-09-2010 11:24 AM

World cup

World cup starts soon

Starring the USA, England, Australia and some other teams .......

So who is going to win and how do you think that your team will go?

Sever 06-09-2010 12:50 PM

Re: World cup

I was waiting for someone to start this, and was going to do it myself if it wasn't done soon. ;)

No idea who'll win. My biggest concern right now is if the transition to commercial TV coverage (in Aus) is going to affect my enjoyment of it. Last time i didn't change the channel for a month, and that was a good thing.

Lol, talk about worrying about the important stuff.

Carry on. :)

ElfBane 06-09-2010 05:47 PM

I'll watch it. I like the ebb and flow of high class soccer. The slow pace of the game doesn't bother me (I like baseball). I'll even watch the WC after the US gets eliminated, which will probably early in the tourney !!

Timber Loftis 06-09-2010 06:06 PM

http://67.43.1.1/showthread.php?t=131212

NSFW warning.

wellard 06-09-2010 07:19 PM

Timber that was funny, wife thought so to. :hehe:

Kakero 06-09-2010 07:40 PM

If I'm not mistaken the matches will play at 2am local time. So nope I won't be watching them. This old man needs his beauty sleep you know.

Which team I'll support? Well the ones which have ManUtd players in them. :P

I'm trully gutted to see Rio Ferdinand and now Nani won't be able to play in the world cup. Especially Nani cause I want to see how far he has progress. Seriously are they playing football or are they street fighting? Why the injuries before the world cup matches even started?

Still have Rooney for England and Vidic plus Tosic for Serbia to look out to. Not to mention Park Ji Sung who plays for South Korea. Here's hoping to no more injuries.

wellard 06-09-2010 08:12 PM

Just for the record my tip for winning the cup is SPAIN

my 'dark horse' for the cup ... NETHERLANDS

most disappointing team will be ARGENTINA

and as for Australia - the team is to old / slow and will be very lucky to qualify for the next round.

johnny 06-09-2010 08:28 PM

Brazil or Germany are my favourites for the title. I don't see Holland advance beyond the quarterfinals, but if they do, they will prolly make it to the finals as well, only to lose against one of the two nations mentioned above. I have no idea if there's a chance they meet before the finals, so i'm just taking a wild guess here. Spain, despite being one of the topfavourites this time, is gonna be one of the biggest dissapointments, and so will Argentina, because that overweighted cokesnorting excuse for a coach they have, refuses to make use of his most seasoned defensemen. Furthermore i think the US might be a positive surprise, seen em play a few times and anyone that makes the mistake of underestimating them will get a smack.

Hayashi 06-09-2010 09:12 PM

Rooting for England here, but I don't have high hopes for them... :(
I'll be happy to see Argentina fall flat on its face and ideally not make it beyond the group stages... I still have memories of the "Hand of God" incident and its perpetrator. :mad:
And then there's this crybaby playing for Portugal who winked when he got Wayne Rooney sent off in the 2006 World Cup. I hope he gets his comeuppance.
But I won't be watching due to time zone differences.
I wish South Africa all the best in hosting this World Cup.

Sever 06-10-2010 05:14 AM

Can we get the group fixtures posted here if anyone has em handy?