Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, Sept.23, 2011 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102127)

Cloudbringer 09-23-2011 09:15 AM

Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, Sept.23, 2011

Previous Cafe is

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.

Cloudbringer 09-23-2011 09:19 AM

Re: Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, Sept.23, 2011

Hello everyone! I've been away for a while coping with some health issues and helping a dear friend with hers. My best friend was diagnosed with breast cancer in the spring and is still going through chemo, but the odds are excellent that it won't re-occur, thaqnk God! As for me, I recently found out I'm diabetic and am getting acclimated to dealing with that. So the Cafe is offering low carb and sugar free goodies now, too! ;)

Wolf Rider2 09-24-2011 01:29 AM

Bad luck on the diabetes, our thoughts are with you. And fingers crossed for your friend :)
*dusts off m&m dispenser* ahh, I'd missed this...

wellard 09-24-2011 05:06 PM

G'day Cloudyperson :heee:

And G'day to all in the cafe du ferrous yakka

I hope that Nacht is doing ok and offering to eat any cake or biscuit that you come across 'just to protect you' :P

Cloudbringer 09-24-2011 11:42 PM

LOL @ Wellard's post! Yes, he's very willing to take those out for me! :) He's being incredibly supportive with all this.

Thanks Wolf Rider 2, It's alot to take in all at once, but so far I'm coping ok. Lots of family/friends for support.

M&M's and low carb cookies on the house!

Bungleau 09-27-2011 09:08 AM

*wanders over to the Endless M&M Machine (TM), tinkers*

There. Flipped the low-carb sugar-free dispenser switch. And because it's magic, they still taste good :)

Greetz, all :)

Firestormalpha 09-30-2011 09:39 PM

*sigh* really wishing stores were in more of a hiring mood. It's a vicious circle. Stores aren't hiring because no one is spending. People aren't spending because no one is hiring. And no, I don't think the housing market is the answer to our problems. Trust in the housing market is what caused the situation to begin with.

Ziroc 10-01-2011 01:47 AM

Amber, just wanted to wish you a very happy birthday! :) You're what? 20 now? :D :D

I'll be 39 Oct 21st... this year seem to go by so fast. (And I'm STILL in a damn full arm cast.) ughhhhhhhhhhh.... it IS healing, just takes longer for the scaphoid to heal due to the lack of blood flow to the fractured area. YEY!!! lol

Anyway, Have a good one!!! Do something fun!!!

Cloudbringer 10-02-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziroc (Post 1247521)
Amber, just wanted to wish you a very happy birthday! :) You're what? 20 now? :D :D

I'll be 39 Oct 21st... this year seem to go by so fast. (And I'm STILL in a damn full arm cast.) ughhhhhhhhhhh.... it IS healing, just takes longer for the scaphoid to heal due to the lack of blood flow to the fractured area. YEY!!! lol

Anyway, Have a good one!!! Do something fun!!!

Thank you, Dan! Had a great visit with my folks and went out for lunch, visited an old time country store in VT, LOL.....yah 20 works for me..*snicker*

Sorry to hear the arm's giving you trouble! Hope it's improved before your birthday. :)

LOL- thanks Bungleau, I like how you think! :) *snacking on the magically yummy no-carb m&ms*

Hey FSA, hang in there. Something will come up for you, I'm sure!

Beaumanoir 10-17-2011 06:47 PM

JEEEEEZ,

I seem to have a habit of abandoning these forums for 6 months at a time. Then, just when I think it might be safe, I wander back and see you lot still hanging around ;)

Genuinely, It's nice to see the same old members still on here. It's odd how a familiar screen name can be comforting. Cloudy! Ziroc! Bungleau! You're all here :) Oddly enough, <font color="cyan">Wellard</font> came up in conversation for me not two days ago! I remember quoting to my girlfriend 'How 'ard? Well'ard!' and having a giggle to myself.

I recently started posting on another forum, my first in a LONG time, and it made me think of you guys. So...

HELLO ALL!