Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   the writ for stout mines (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32573)

eternal mat 01-18-2004 05:07 PM

quick question...where do u get the writ for the stout mines?...i finished shurugean castle!! :D hehe

bsftcs 01-18-2004 06:36 PM

Sazerac posted a map for the writ on page four of the best tips thread. You can also go to the Boogre Caves before going to the mines and acquire some boogre brew. That you can use to bribe your way into the mines.

eternal mat 01-18-2004 09:24 PM

thanks alot for that info.

Bungleau 01-18-2004 10:27 PM

Before you head to the stout mines, make sure you've got the warrior clan quest for it, and make sure you've spoken with Scanthril to get his quests. Yep, two of 'em, and completing the first one gets you a writ.

Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img]

bsftcs 01-19-2004 11:26 AM

Glad to be of assistance.
As to Bungleau's suggestion:
Perhaps you should only take one quest at a time from Scanthril instead of two. I know I have previously been advocating the common practice of undertaking both at the same time, but since there sometimes might be a strange bug at work destroying the chances of completing both if undertaken simultaneously I advise you to take them separately.

[ 01-19-2004, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]

Bungleau 01-19-2004 02:53 PM

I have not had any problems with undertaking both quests at the same time. Now, having said that, I'm trying to remember just how I go about doing that, and I can't remember. I know I ask for both of them up front, but I don't remember if I go back for the first reward before going back for the second.

So, to minimize the chances of confusion and failure, do them one at a time. If you're adventurous, try 'em both at once... but make sure you've got a good savegame to go back to [img]smile.gif[/img]

eternal mat 01-20-2004 03:26 AM

dam, already done stout mine and dragon spire :0, and wheres scanthril? next to the burned out house??

Radek 01-20-2004 03:31 AM

Yes [img]smile.gif[/img]

bsftcs 01-20-2004 07:10 AM

If you leave Ishad N'Ha in the direction of Shurugeon Castle and always keep to the right you will come to the burned out house.

Bungleau 01-20-2004 09:42 AM

Yep... Scanthril was next to the burnt-out house. If you've killed him, then just go on; in future games, you might want to hold off on killing him until you've completed his two quests.

As for the game itself, you have not caused any problems with completing the game. You will get to the end just fine even though you've killed Scanthril and skipped those two quests. That's one of the beauties of the game -- it's really hard to muck it up completely.