Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   People in or near San Diego be aware... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84183)

Ziroc 02-11-2003 10:31 PM

There is a very contagious virus that only 1 or 2 of the STRONGEST antibiotics will stop. This virus starts out with a bump/mole/zit/boils looking then abscesses, and fills with pus. This can kill, since the abscess, if it becomes large enough, can get into the blood stream, and stop your heart.

You can get it from casual contact.. handshaking, kiss... 912 cases in Los Angles as well.

More soon....

PS: Don't be scared, this can be stopped with the Antibiotic called 'Amoxicillan' and sometimes 'erythromycin' and seems like it's contained so far.

[ 02-11-2003, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

Sever 02-12-2003 05:14 AM

So Z, did you found out what was causing the weird sensations in your mouth? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Ziroc 02-12-2003 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sever:
So Z, did you found out what was causing the weird sensations in your mouth? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Yep, was a zit. [img]smile.gif[/img] All gone now, I'm fine! wee! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Leonis 02-12-2003 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ziroc:
There is a very contagious virus that only 1 or 2 of the STRONGEST antibiotics will stop. This virus starts out with a bump/mole/zit/boils looking then abscesses, and fills with pus. This can kill, since the abscess, if it becomes large enough, can get into the blood stream, and stop your heart.

You can get it from casual contact.. handshaking, kiss... 912 cases in Los Angles as well.

More soon....

PS: Don't be scared, this can be stopped with the Antibiotic called 'Amoxicillan' and sometimes 'erythromycin' and seems like it's contained so far.

I was given so much of those antibiotics as a kid by stupid doctors who hadn't wised up to the fact that they don't kill colds...probably immune to the effects - hope this doesn't mutate to a super virus...

Ziroc 02-12-2003 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis:
</font><blockquote>Quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ziroc:

More soon....

I was given so much of those antibiotics as a kid by stupid doctors who hadn't wised up to the fact that they don't kill colds...probably immune to the effects - hope this doesn't mutate to a super virus...</font>[/QUOTE]The last time I was sick (1999) I had a sinus cold, and the antibiotics they gave me (some NEW kind) made me throw up EVERY day almost.. I stopped them, and it cleared up.

Epona 02-12-2003 08:29 AM

Where does Someguy live? I remember he posted about a weird mole/zit thing on his ear. Just suddenly thought of that when I saw this thread.

SomeGuy 02-12-2003 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Epona:
Where does Someguy live? I remember he posted about a weird mole/zit thing on his ear. Just suddenly thought of that when I saw this thread.
Errrrr......Just saw this thread..am now a slightly more worried about bump on ear. I don't ANYWHERE near San Diego. I live in Oklahoma in the heart of the U.S. I really don't think that this thing on my ear is it , but it's a possibility.Does'nt LadyBlue live in San Diego? And Ziroc does the weird virus thing start a bump on where the person was touched?

realbinky 02-12-2003 09:44 AM

Pssst. If it is a VIRUS, antibiotics won't kill it, actually a virus isn't 100% alive, and that is why. This is why there is no cure for the cold or flu, they are viruses. If it is an INFECTION (from BACTERIA) then antibiotics will kill it, unless it is some nasty resistant strain. But, yes, there are some nasties out there.

EDIT:
Not trying to be a smartass, but I wouldn't know either if no one ever told me.

[ 02-12-2003, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: realbinky ]

Seraph 02-12-2003 09:53 AM

I'm guessing its actually a bacterial thing.
Its not very common for a virus to cause an abscesses, or the generation of pus. Both of those tend to be signs of a bacterial infection.

Attalus 02-12-2003 10:11 AM

It is not a virus, it is a subtype of Staphylococcus aureus, a bacterium; and, yes, it is sensitive to the common antibiotics. The key is to get help quickly, before it becomes serious.