Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Infanticide and Over-population (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77293)

The Hierophant 09-09-2004 05:49 AM

Some light reading on the topic.

I say, do whatever it takes to keep human populations manageable.

Discuss [img]smile.gif[/img]

Nightwing 09-09-2004 08:29 AM

Wow! I wonder if this guy is related to Hitler. This is so over the top I can't believe he even has support. There is a population issue but having children just to kill them seems extream.
It seems he should be promoting prevention not Infanticide.

Timber Loftis 09-09-2004 12:19 PM

Sorry, I support some form of population control. We can argue over whether it takes the form of coercion, incentive, or authoritarian dictate.

One measure I know I would support is mandatory sterilization for certain groups of criminals. We can argue about the types of crimes it would be appropriate for.

I also would support a law saying that if you are relying solely on the government to pay for the hospital fees, birth, and rearing of you Nth (we can discuss how many is appropriate -- I suggest 2) child, then you should be subject to mandatory sterilization.

Aren't I a nice guy? [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Rokc Cadarn 09-09-2004 12:58 PM

Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others.

Ronn_Bman 09-09-2004 01:54 PM

[img]graemlins/confused5.gif[/img]

LordKathen 09-09-2004 03:07 PM

<font color=lime>From an evolutionary/enviromental standpoint, it is crucial to control to number of humans populating the Earth.
This planet will clean itself off eventually. We are just speeding up the process.

Not that I am really one to talk, having 4 kids... :rolleyes: </font>

Lucern 09-09-2004 04:19 PM

In my biology classes I always saw that article referenced not for its radical solutions to human overpopulation, but to the problem of shared resources without individual limits.

On a related note, despite the very dubious claims of the effectiveness of abstinence programs, the US will spend $140 million on abstinence-until-marriage programs in public schools in 04. As for the world aid relief program, by 2006 1/3 of the worldwide AIDS prevention plan funding has to go to abstinence-until-marriage programs. There's a few billion dollars down the drain. That could buy a lot of condoms.

Dirty Meg 09-09-2004 11:56 PM

The solution to over-population is obvious. Remove all warning labels. If you need to be told that your nail polish remover is for 'external use only', you deserve to die.

LordKathen 09-10-2004 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dirty Meg:
The solution to over-population is obvious. Remove all warning labels. If you need to be told that your nail polish remover is for 'external use only', you deserve to die.
<font color=lime>Beutifully put! [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] </font>

Illumina Drathiran'ar 09-10-2004 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dirty Meg:
I've been saying this for years. What happened to natural selection?! I want Darwinism to weed out the stupid.

And as an aside, I'd offer to have your babies except we're talking about overpopulation and of course there are the obvious physical limitations.