Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   I'm an idiot...... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43448)

Jafin 01-10-2002 02:03 AM

I haven't been around the forums for quite awhile now, it's kinda nice to be back. :)

Anyhoo, I have finally gotten Wizardry 8 and I'm VERY pleased with it. Excellent game, far more than I was expecting. I've worked my way up to Trynton now with a level 7-9 party. Ok, alright, I'm still very early in the game, and with 20 hours on the game I'm not going very fast.

Now, here's why I'm an idiot. I got up into the Upper Branches of Trynton, going up to the 4th Bough to meet Madras or whatever his name is. As I travelled up, I noticed a break in the railing. I looked down, and noticed I couldn't see the ground. Being my curious self, I saved and then took a step forward, going off the edge. I fell a little ways, and then the lower area of Trynton began loading. At that point I realized I was going to die, but it was fun! Well, the area loaded and I proceeded to continue to fall.... and fall. Upon hitting the ground I heard an 8-way scream from all of my party members dying. I was actually rather surprised to see that Vi Domina was still alive! Of course, she's a Valkyrie and she cheated death so it makes perfect sense really. I looked about a bit and then went to the options page, clicked on my save, a box with some message in it appeared with a checkmark and an "X" in it. I clicked the checkmark.... and immediately after I realized that the box said "Overwrite Existing Game?"

So here I am with a half-dead Valkyrie sitting at the base of a really big tree with a bunch of funny little larcenous creatures crawling about it with only 4,100 gold, enough to buy 1 maybe 2 Resurrection Powders. My only other save is from about 3 hours of play earlier. *sigh* I guess curiousity really did kill the cat..... [img]smile.gif[/img]

-Jafin

P.S. - If anybody would be willing and able to possibly edit my game to give me 7 resurrection powders or to simply resurrect my characters, or tell me how I could do it myself, I would be VERY thankful. I wouldn't ask for this if I was killed by a bunch of Rapax warriors or 8 piercer Modai's or something but, well.... it was just me seeing how far I long it would take to fall off of a really big tree. Thanks! - Jafin

Moni 01-10-2002 02:10 AM

Aw!

I think there are a couple of us here (myself included) that tried that but I did save right before I stepped off!
When I DIDN'T save, was when I got into a fight in the Trynnie Archives that took a while and then proceeded to step into a hole in the floor...it produces the same results as stepping off the walkway through the break in the railing LOL.
I reloaded, but luckily I had saved right before the fight.

I hope someone can help you out.

fable 01-10-2002 02:11 AM

But consider: you could raise a priest or bishop who can raise the dead. If you don't have that spell, consider raising (or acquiring) Myles, and letting him steal Resurrection powders and scrolls. He's quite good at that. Of course, that would mean some real careful skulking back to Arnika, but it could be fun. :D

vesselle 01-10-2002 02:13 AM

~~jafin~~

WB!!

here's something for you, and what you choose to do with it is your business, and no one else's. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------
<<<|EDIT|>>> do NOT use the first one in the list! it won't work. use Obverse Reaction's or Talyran's. (Talyran's will allow you to add rez powders without having to worry if your stats might accidentally change, so that would be my first recommendation.)
------------------------------------------------------------------

as far as the "walking off the bridge in trynton" thingie .... i have done that also! just to see what would happen. i mean, most places are very nicely "roped" in (invisibly, of course) and you can't possibly go beyond them, so to me, finding a place you can deserves to be tested. :D

good luck!

V***V

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: vesselle ]</p>

*C* 01-10-2002 02:15 AM

Well I hope no one gets mad at me for posting this. I love this program and it will help you out. I forgot who made but I would like to say THANKS to whoever you are [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img] http://perfectweb.org/wizardry.zip

*C* 01-10-2002 02:17 AM

Ahh I see someone posted an even better link :D
Talryan THANKS [img]redface.gif[/img] )

jfunk 01-10-2002 02:24 AM

One other thing is, if you have autosave on, you should at least have a save from just a few minutes before...

j

Jafin 01-10-2002 02:27 AM

Thanks for the help everybody! Glad I'm not the only one who tried it. The idea of having Myles start stealing powders is appealing... but I'd have to raise him first and then get back to Arnika with only 2 characters and then steal them all. I don't really like using editors under normal circumstances but this isn't really normal and it'd save me a LOT of time, so I think that's what I'll do. Thanks for the link vesselle!

-Jafin

DraconisRex 01-10-2002 08:38 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Moni:
Aw!

...and then proceeded to step into a hole in the floor...it produces the same results as stepping off the walkway through the break in the railing LOL...
<hr></blockquote>

Aren't you glad you're not playing IRONMAN! I've stepped through that hole, too!