Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Good console games, the not so famous kind, that deserve mention (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83460)

Nanobyte 01-07-2003 12:10 AM

Harvest Moon 64, obviously on the N64. Have any of you played it? I wish they had made a revised version on one of the later consoles; the only thing they would need to revise would be the length of one day. Did you know it takes a whole day to feed your animals and water the plants? :rolleyes:

One other game, one that has been recently distributed to the public, called MechAssault. I'll post more on this later, my eyes burn of exhaustion at the moment, and I feel I need a few hours of rest before school comes around tomorrow.

/)eathKiller 01-07-2003 12:28 AM

i nominate Ranger X for the forgotten cool game award. Best explosions i've ever seen in a platform game and it had a jet-pack system similar to Gun Valkyrie and Tribes, but was made waaaay before they came out. It also was one of the few Genesis games to feature actual 3-D graphics like starfox in some of its cutscenes and was really impressive for its Era... + The Tunner-burrowing gun was AWESOME! weeeeeeeeeeeeeee -EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE -EEEEIIIIII!!
BLAMADAMABLAMAKABLAMABAMABAMABAAAARRRMMM!!!!

:D what's not to love about big explosions with nice 16 bit sound effects a cool bike-to-man-to-plane transformation systerm and a neat 6-button setup [img]tongue.gif[/img] It goes in my book as Best shooter EVER!

though Einhander runs a close second due to Yushigi Fuki's Music, Einhander was like Ranger X but more 3-D with less transformations and big explosions... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Chewbacca 01-07-2003 12:35 AM

Suikoden 1 & 2
I love this Playstation rpg series for all the mini-games, the castle you get, and the 108 NPCs called the stars of destiny that join your party! :D Oh yeah good stories too!

Suikoden 3 for the PS2 is out now! I Haven't finished it yet.

The Hunter of Jahanna 01-07-2003 08:26 AM

Tenchu:stealth assassin 1&2 for the PS1 get my nomination. You get points based on stealth , not hack and slash.

Rokenn 01-07-2003 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nanobyte:

One other game, one that has been recently distributed to the public, called MechAssault. I'll post more on this later, my eyes burn of exhaustion at the moment, and I feel I need a few hours of rest before school comes around tomorrow.
MechAssault is a great game, esp on the Live network.

Another game I'm having fun with is Enclave. It is a throwback to when games used to be hard, lol. Even replaying a level is no guarntee of it being any easier.

Sigmar 01-07-2003 01:22 PM

Body Harvest, THE cult classic of the N64. Alongside Silicon Valley it was one of my favourtite games...God bless DMA.