Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Trap door won't open in Toad Quest -Help! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30548)

Ambrose 10-02-2001 09:15 PM

I just got through speaking with the Toad Shamen and was given the quest to go take care of the evil menacing the Toad people. According to the walkthrough, you are suppossed to descend through the trap door in the Shamen's hut to find the source of this evil. However, I can't open the door! I've tried everything! Help! Spoil Me!

chatter 10-02-2001 09:33 PM

The trap door opened in the middle of the floor after i talked to the shaman but someone else I know it would not open for and I think she said that she had to move (or break) a barrel or crate or something before it would open. Good luck

Ambrose 10-02-2001 09:36 PM

I asked every question possible -no dice. I even broke the barrel. Is there another way to the "evil place" -and if so, where in the world is it!

Jazzid 10-03-2001 05:30 AM

Hi, and welcome to the board! It was some time ago I did the Toad Village Quest, but if I remember correctly you have to say "Ukabu" to him, and maybe "evil" as well. Do check out the "best tips section" of this board. For a further spoiler on key words scroll down...

//Jazzid
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Here's a quick shortcut to NPC discussions (posted by Wyvern):
CREDIT TO Ryanamur and Sazerac
1- Gorthius: H'Thark
2- Kerielle: Algamesh (or just give her the neckless)
3- Haraspia: Orb of Clarity (or just give her the serpent wand)
4- Ekbu: Ukabu
5- Kol (by serpent temple): Key
6- Shinwiki: Ukabu
7- Scabban: Cure (then blast him)
8- Arbiden: Locations
9- Stout King: Dragon Ore, Deal (you can also kill him and get his hammer if you're lucky... it's a nice one)
10- Kol (in mountain): Mavin
11- Dragon: Elsaramavin
12 - Oracles of Ishad N'ha: "Destiny"
13 - Sarellia: "Oracle"
14 - G'Ezzered Ra: "Staff"
15 - Anephas: "Mavin" (to get the secret on what to do with it in Cet's pyramid)

CREDIT TO Ryanamur and Sazerac

lamewing 10-04-2001 10:25 AM

I have had the same problem with the Shaman. I know that if you don't finish the conversation completely before messing with the door your are basically screwed. There isn't any way in after that. Sorry.

Joe

Wyvern 10-04-2001 10:35 AM

Welcome to the board, Ambrose!!!

Getting Shiwiki to open the trapdoor is a matter of using the correct "key word" and allowing him to talk. You often have to let the NPCs run through their whole speech before things happen so be patient.

If after trying the keyword - Ukabu - the trapdoor still remains unopened, try exiting the Toad Village completely, saving (to a different slot) and going back in and trying again. Sometimes that will do the trick!

Good Luck!

Wyv