Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Spellhold Paintings *hint-needed* (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58747)

daeomer 11-07-2001 02:48 PM

I have just completed the trials of clarity, judgement etc. but realized that I had failed to open three of 4 doors that had creature pictures on them. The only one I opened was the Mind-flayer. Did I miss the other ones? I thought I did a thorough search. Do I get a chance to find them later?

DragonReborn 11-07-2001 02:58 PM

Hi,

I dont think you can go back, once youre out of Bodhi's Gauntlet...There are some nifty items behind those doors, including...well...lets just say its nifty ;)...

daeomer 11-07-2001 03:01 PM

Arrrgh!!
So where might I find another painting? I thought I had searched the levels very well...except for a flock of Umber Hulks... please say I don't have to fight them... I hate them.

DragonReborn 11-07-2001 03:07 PM

You can find 3 paintings in a well, in the room next to the one where the wall opens and trolls come out...good luck!

Talthyr Malkaviel 11-07-2001 03:27 PM

Well, out of the 4 doors only one has a passage leading back, the rest just hold a few monsters, so as long as you explored the one that goes back it's ok.

Aurum 11-07-2001 03:32 PM

You fight.
Ending with all.
Solo has invencible.
The fire ball is necesary.
The explosives arrows be useful.

Hayashi 11-07-2001 08:06 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by daeomer:
...except for a flock of Umber Hulks... please say I don't have to fight them... I hate them.<hr></blockquote>
Umber Hulks don't take too well to a dose of Cloudkill... ;) :D

Mitro Jellywadder 11-07-2001 11:24 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by daeomer:
I have just completed the trials of clarity, judgement etc. but realized that I had failed to open three of 4 doors that had creature pictures on them. The only one I opened was the Mind-flayer. Did I miss the other ones? I thought I did a thorough search. Do I get a chance to find them later?<hr></blockquote>

No. You don't have a chance to find them later.

Spoiler
There is
Mind Flayer 11,000 xp & Flame of the North
Spirit Troll 1,400 xp & Malakar +2
Umber Hulk 10,000 xp
Djinni 10,000 xp

That's it. You didn't miss too much.

Dundee Slaytern 11-08-2001 03:34 AM

*Dat!*

You forgot that there is a passage behind the Umber Hulk wall which leads to several Golems and a machine which uses tokens to make stuff for you, stuff like Boots of Speed.

;)

Mitro Jellywadder 11-08-2001 09:55 AM

Ahh..Dundee thanks for the correction. ;)

I shall now allow myself to be pummelled about the head. :D