Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   My first shave - a question... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90511)

Jaradu 07-06-2004 04:11 PM

Yep, I've been growing one of those puberty moustache thingy [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Well, the problem is, when I finish shaving it always seems a little bit rough. No matter how close I shave - even if I practically shave so close that I'm peeling off a layer of skin (joking ;) ) it always seems rough.

I don't mean really rough - just rougher compared to the rest of my face. I thought maybe I had to put aftershave on, but someone told me that new shavers come with a cream thing automatically spread over your face which does the job of aftershave.

Any answers would be appreciated. And feel free to give me tips and techniques [img]smile.gif[/img] Cheers!

aleph_null 07-06-2004 04:16 PM

Chicks dig the pseudo-roughness -- be proud of it :D

Aerich 07-06-2004 04:19 PM

You can't really get rid of that. No more baby-face for you! [img]smile.gif[/img]

uss 07-06-2004 04:50 PM

Ok, now you should try to get a Scottish accent. Then get yourself long curly black hair and a beard. Then buy a massive jewelry to go around your neck and say "I aint' gettin' on no plane!" every time somebody mentions a plane. Then get yourself a tattoo. Then start spitting on the ground on every possible oppritunity.

You're gonna be such a badass.. :D

[ 07-06-2004, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: uss ]

Mouse 07-06-2004 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by uss:
Ok, now you should try to get a Scottish accent. Then get yourself long curly black hair and a beard. Then buy a massive jewelry to go around your neck and say "I aint' gettin' on no plane!" every time somebody mentions a plane. Then get yourself a tattoo. Then start spitting on the ground on every possible oppritunity.

Have we met???

uss 07-06-2004 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mouse:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by uss:

Have we met??? </font>[/QUOTE]Aye, I knew your grog-loving self would reply! :D

Jaradu, Mouse should teach you some Scottish vocabulary! Er, you know, 'haggish!' :D

Illumina Drathiran'ar 07-06-2004 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by aleph_null:
Chicks dig the pseudo-roughness -- be proud of it :D
Not all of us.. Sometimes it hurts!

As for Jaradu, well, good for you, first off. Second off, are you using shaving cream?

Jaradu 07-06-2004 05:29 PM

Cream? Nope, just plain shaving. Would cream help?

Stratos 07-06-2004 05:49 PM

I recommend shaving cream, it makes the process of shaving go smoother. There are also those that re-moisterize your skin and makes it softer afterwards, you know, get rid of some of that 'roughness'.

johnny 07-06-2004 06:49 PM

Don't use regular shaving cream, go with shaving gel, you won't need aftershave. I always go with Gilette gel, excellent stuff.